switching to Electric / Hydraulic Steering

johndeere1

Switching the puller over to Electric/Hydraulic steering,Looking for a few more ideas and some pictures of some setups that you guys are running to give me a better idea of what I need to do. Thanks in advanced!:thankyou2:

I am looking to do the same. Everyone still just using the electric pump into the factory steering box?

A buddy of mine makes some neat ones for pulling tractors. The pump doesn't run till you move the wheel. They could probably set you up with the parts they use. They do use a cylinder to steer.

Switching the puller over to Electric/Hydraulic steering,Looking for a few more ideas and some pictures of some setups that you guys are running to give me a better idea of what I need to do. Thanks in advanced!:thankyou2:

This is what you need for a 12 volt pump. it can be plumbed into your existing steering box. This is the cheapest way to go that I know of. This will cost under $500

http://www.baileyhydraulics.com/Maxim-Hydraulic-Power-Unit-12V-DC-Single-Acting

The other way is to eliminate your steering box and buy an orbital steering valve and tie it into the 12 volt pump that activates a hydraulic cylinder that is welded to the front axle and tie rod cross bar, this will cost well over $1200 new. (Bailey also has the orbital valve and Cylinder)

Back