Swole's Infamy of Carnage Continues!!

hmmmm I had a real bad chatter/pop/pop/pop as I was exiting the highway, motor was at neutral/idle (manual, meh) when it happened. CHIT TON of white smoke. I was only going 30mph or so when it happened and the wind was at going to make the smoke pass. It smelled of raw fuel. I let it sit for 30 minutes. called a few folks. chanced it and drove home. The injector rattle was louder. Parked it and got new/used bodies from a known good truck/person (Csynder rocks!). Never did find out the condition of them.

Don, still dodging the question about why your nozzles fail, you blame it on being sac type, so what is the real reason?

I think your question was covered by DockBoy...

Swole,,, You have my kind of luck....NONE!!!!! Hang in there.

I jusr replaced my check valve/banjo bolt in the back of the head with a an fitting. Just a thought, if your gonna have the head off anyway.

A. SELL IT!!!!!
B. Sell Smarty buy Bullydog run 2.4d. Less issues to deal with
C. Put back stock.
D. Buy single cab swith it over and keep it as race truck
E. Buy race 12v to have power without injector issues
F. Screw it and buy Dmax
G. Im done and walk away.

Thats a run down of the ideas i got not knowing what the actual problems are. But for the trouble you keep having David and dumping more and more money into it. U could have a heck of a built 1200hp duramax by now and drive drive it!!!

I think your question was covered by DockBoy...

Was it? I saw no mention of why nozzle revisions of the CR system have gone to micro-blind nozzle types with a 3.5mm guide, maybe I didn't read between the lines well enough.

Our prototype common rail uses a sac nozzle at upwords of 36,000psi....:cool:

One of the sayings my dad would always give me is "you dont race your DD, because when it breaks, your phucked".

I always get "don't phuck with your daily driver" but I don't listen where's the fun in that plus he's gotta be jelous that my dd has more power than his blown hot rod

Our prototype common rail uses a sac nozzle at upwords of 36,000psi....:cool:

I understand and ours was tested past 39000 PSI, but the system spikes exceed these numbers with modded and dual pumps. Just having a stuck FCA for a moment can lead to pressure spikes past your 36000 value.

The bodies cant take the pressure like that for long either.

I had the wiring plug at the rail pressure sensor lose connection at about the 1000 foot mark (that's a guess), during a pass. The ECM drove the dual CP3's to full rail pressure. You could actually feel it pickup hp, and you could see it start to make smoke. I'm sure the PRV was dumping fuel as fast as it could. After the finish line when I lifted, with high rpm, and very little fuel being used by the engine, I bet it spiked pretty high. The engine sure does rattle at an idle with 26,000 psi of rail pressure... It didn't hurt the injectors. I did drop a valve seat later that day though. High rail pressure is a killer, on more things then just the injectors. I wonder what would have happened if I would have had the rail capped that day? My point being is that things do go wrong, and pressures can spike.

I'm guilty of racing my DD, or probably more accurately, I DD my trucks that I race. I guess I'm stupid well beyond my years... :hehe:

Paul

I have no real 100% mine spare vehicle.. I've been lucky and making the best calculated changes I can due to everyone else;s mistakes and knowledge... I don't get to a track much if at all, but I do have fun. There's a few small sections of road I'm slowing re-paving the road on my way to work. ;-)

This isnt ground breaking stuff Swole is after here. This should not be a problem he just needs good parts!

-Original Engine - Inj. body went / was bad = melted #4

-2nd Engine - Blown freeze plug under Valve Cover, Coolant in Oil = "Swoled Everything"

-3rd Engine - HUGE pressure spike- Dual cp3 controler and RP sensor found bad = Melted #5 & slightly #4 and burnt coating off....Got turbo, Head, F'd up a few other things.

-4th Engine - Still waiting to find out

The totally number of miles put on these 4 engines with Minimal track use, I don't think folks can really blame me and my abuse as the causes.

Like said above...800-850 hp is not that big a deal in this game..Esp. when it doesn't get driven much at all.....

POLL: How many folks here actually think all these issue's were caused by me?? How many think that I just have the worst luck in history??

I'm just glad to have maybe helped some folks make better and more educated desicions to keep them from falling to my type of issues!!

Last edited:
The only mistake that I have picked up run is runing down the track when you thought something was wrong. I think some different injectors and a stand alone pump your still runing...Am I wrong?

The only mistake that I have picked up run is runing down the track when you thought something was wrong. I think some different injectors and a stand alone pump your still runing...Am I wrong?

Yes Sir, I'll give ya that one! I had just a second to make the decision and when I left the line I figured if it was still sputtering that I would lift instantly..But It didn't...It hauled A$$.....I'd like to think that most may have done the same thing with the circumstances...
Maybe not though...

Either way, I own that one!

As far as different stix, well so many have had great luck with F1. By my list of failures above, I can't really say that they are a bad choice.
When we find out what this new issue is, maybe I'll change my mind and maybe not.....Don's been good to me so I will give him the respect he deserves...

I'm am a realist though...These CR's are ticking Time Bombs for everyone...Some have GREAT luck and some don't.....I just can't see blaming Don or anybody else because I choose to continue this chit...

As the saying goes, " Get me once, Shame on you! Get me twice, Shame on ME!!"

Well, shame on me for not going a different route (meaning truck wise, Mods, or hp wise).

I appreciate you guys and the one's that are sticking up for me, but I just like to try to keep the peace and not go all " Obama" on folks...Placing Blame!!

I just hope that someday I'll have much better luck and can enjoy this truck no matter What HP I'm at......

Driving style? Roll out....quit snapping off the throttle. I had 75k on flux 3.3s and 25k on 5s and nevger an issue....hmmmmmmmm.

Anyways...no truck prior to a 3rg gen has been so easy to daily drive with 800 plus hp...some stuff is going to fail if you make a mistake...either in driving style...or set up.

Sorry swole....keep your head up...its just a tip!

Anyways...no truck prior to a 3rg gen has been so easy to daily drive with 800 plus hp...some stuff is going to fail if you make a mistake...either in driving style...or set up.

Sorry swole....keep your head up...its just a tip!

Back