SXE gated t3 housings ?

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
hey guys

looking for a what guys have been doing to make a gated t3 housing for the sxe borg turbo's. i know bd makes one now ( can't get a price witch i think is going to be high) and industrial makes one but the price on it is a bit high by the time i can one here. i have the tools to machine them just don't know what i should start with so makes it cost effective to do so.

Thanks for the help

The standard S300 housings will fit the SX-E center section, the turbine wheels are also the same dimensions as the earlier units 68/76mm and 73/80mm.

They start with another T3 housing in the family and cut it for that wheel typically. The initial cost of the housing is quite steep. You won't be saving much if any doing it yourself.

They start with another T3 housing in the family and cut it for that wheel typically. The initial cost of the housing is quite steep. You won't be saving much if any doing it yourself.

I thought the SXE turbines the same as the old ones?

He is referring to the T3 wastegated housing used for the 65/74mm turbine wheel, this is the original application for that housing, it must be modified to fit the larger S300 turbine wheels.

He is referring to the T3 wastegated housing used for the 65/74mm turbine wheel, this is the original application for that housing, it must be modified to fit the larger S300 turbine wheels.

Out of curiosity is the 3126 cat housing the only gated s300 housing produced by borgwarner?

I have one of those housing and only live 2 hrs. from you P.M me if you are interested.

Out of curiosity is the 3126 cat housing the only gated s300 housing produced by borgwarner?

There are a pile of variants for the small CATs along with several for the OEMs elsewhere. It just so happens to be a popular one.

thanks guys. i will do some more digging. see if i can find some part numbers.

Back