t-case issue... 2007

mulisha

Guys, like an idiot, i ran my tcase almost dry, probally 2-3oz's max... Anyway i heard and felt a slight bump when releasing brake taking off from a light... And now under a 4 wd launch it sounds horrible... Do i need a new tcase or will the revuild kit be sufficient... Thanks fellas...

Pretty hard to diagnose like that... But probably killed a bearing. The question is if it ruined a shaft or a case half.

Pretty hard to diagnose like that... But probably killed a bearing. The question is if it ruined a shaft or a case half.

Ok.. Thats a start... Truck drives fine.. Once in a while i feel that bump leaving a stop sign or light..possibly stretched the chain i was thinking...

Ok.. Thats a start... Truck drives fine.. Once in a while i feel that bump leaving a stop sign or light..possibly stretched the chain i was thinking...

Hm... if it's intermittent, then I would guess not a bearing. I believe those cases have clutch packs in them. Maybe a clutch came apart?

Mine does the same thing. Pretty sure it's a stretched chain. Too busy to mess with mine right now please post what you figure out.

Theres no clutch packs in there. The 2 gears that the chain rides on are most likely wearing over and the chain wearing with them. Once you see the size of the chain you will realize they dont really stretch as much as wear. And its always with low fluid. I think i have some worn gears back at the shop i can take pictures of later

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

My guess is it will need a chain and two drive gears..but need to open the poor thing to inspect

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Open it up and inspect. Those t-cases are extremely simple. You can rebuild it yourself in an afternoon with basic tools.

Also check the spacers on the input shaft in the planetary set. After I sold my megacab, the guy that bought it had major problems with it and pulled it all apart only to find the spacers in there were either worn way down, non existent, or broke in half.

Also check the plastic tabs on the shift forks. If those wear or fall off it'll cause problems as well.

Also check the spacers on the input shaft in the planetary set. After I sold my megacab, the guy that bought it had major problems with it and pulled it all apart only to find the spacers in there were either worn way down, non existent, or broke in half.

Also check the plastic tabs on the shift forks. If those wear or fall off it'll cause problems as well.

Good info here.. Thanks guys.

Back