T6 footed charger

tatersalad

alrighty guys, talking with a gentleman over at forced inductions about a cheaper charger ( workin with a limited college kid budget ). i told him i wanted sumthing i could sled pull/daily drive/and drag race with that was a cheaper option. so this is what we came up with... 75/85/1.10AR with a T6 foot for $735 shipped. my question is, i know the 6.7 spools big charger like it was yesterday, BUT will a T6 foot cause an issue in that?? i was looking at the steed speed manifold with the T6 foot. and the kit from fleece. i need opionions here, all you bigger guys running setups like this help me out here! thanks tater

the t-6 foot is very benifical in keeping DP down, which is a big plus for the 6.7. as far as spool, i didnt see any loss in spool or daily driving in switching to a t-6 on my truck, and mine i a 5.9... my two cents, do it!

Jason
SBT/LCD

my response to your same question on CF:

The T6 foot isn't going to affect how the charger drives with the exception of allowing more top end flow. The 85 turbine and "big" 1.1 housing is going to make it a turd though! For a DD I would stick with the 83 turbine and no larger than a 1.0 housing. If you're on a budget I'd go with a cheaper/used manifold and fab up your own intake stuff and spend the extra coin on a 75/83-.90T4 charger. Which IIRC is 1299 OTD with the cast wheel from FI :thumbsup:

For reference purposes I have a 75/83-.90T4 and I can barely stay on top of it during shifts and TC lockup fueling it with a mild wicked cp3, 45% nozzles and smarty on revo 9... every shift I get a bark and a drop of 15-20psi

thank you to both!! im gna see if he can change up the line up and make it a 75/83/.90ar with a t6 foot. i want to prove everyone wrong on this theory over on CF...wat is an adequate amount of fueling for this charger?? i was figuring like an 85% cp3, 175horse nozzles, smarty of course, and a fass 200 LP....does anybody else make a t6 exhaust thats cheaper than steed speed??

I would say an II 85% or equivalent cp3 would be just fine and 45-65% over stock nozzles with smarty on sw9 revo or sw1tnt... You'll enjoy it for sure!

Steed is among the best out there.

You could also see if stainless has T6. I'm sure they do but I don't know for sure.

Might have to settle for a used one.

You could always run a T-4 and Adapter to T-6 so if the T-6 doesnt work out your manifold is still a T-4 foot.

Your setting yourself up for disappointment. The t4 is all you'll ever need. You'll never be able to generate enough drive pressure to spool it. The reason pullers can run a t6 is aftermarket cam and 4k plus rpm tunes.

Good luck if you opt for it though, but ill look forward to your next turbo swap thread.

t-4 option is like a couple hundred bucks and worth every penny for a street truck. This will accomplish your street and occasional pull goals very well, if you were just going to pull t-6 would be great.

With proper tuning...T-6 can be driven just as easy as a T-3. It's ALL in the tuning.

Jason went from a 71mm T-3 to a 78mm T-6...she spools slightly slower but charges hard on top.

I attribute the slower spool simply to the wheel material difference..billet 71 to a cast 78

People told me that a T-4 would be a PITA to spool with small injectors...it's been by far the easiest spooling charger I've ever ran...and I ran a BB Garrett for a bit.

With a 6.7, it will be even easier.

Last edited:
Les we currently do not have that kind of tuning ability for the 6.7. In the future maybe t-6 for a street truck will be a good option but not yet. On my truck with a t-4 .90ar 74/83 turbine it really needs 2k rpms to be happy, I find it hard to believe that going to t-6 85 turbine and a 1.10ar is going to be very good for a street truck with what is currently available to the 6.7 owners. It would probably end up with around 800-1000 rpms of usable power if it was at full tilt by 2200. I am not trying to argue just saying there are better options especially for a street truck. On edit 85 turbine? I believe your options are 83,87,92,and 96.

Last edited:
6.7 tuning is right around the corner...but I see your side Jamie.

We have beta tuning happening right now. As soon as deletes are supported I'll be calling you.

Then you'll see my side...lol

~Les

guys if if my plan goes as intended, i will be one of those beta testers...

Back