Talk me out of an auto swap...

StainlessRRA

Advocatus diaboli
I have absolutely had it, this transmission has been out 4 times over one freaking clutch. The last time it was put in the pedal started to release at the top half inch and the trans is just far nosier. Not to mention I lost the ability to shift fast. So the truck is parked. All we changed was a pressure plate after I mailed my old one back to South Bend. They've helped me out so far so this is in no way me blaming them, I've just had enough.

I know an auto isn't cheap, but I'm VERY tempted to pull the NV5600 and put in a manual valve body 4 speed with a ratchet shifter. Somebody talk me out of making my wallet cry again.

No, i think its a better move, and set up correctly, you will be happy.
Get with firepunk to put you together a decent Trans, and Darren for the vb.
one and done.

I did it. Wasn't that hard to do. My only problem/regret is not having the trans built by a reputable shop. Right now it's sitting on my trailer waiting for another standard to be put back in...

Sounds like no one wants to talk you out of it. But I completely understand I want to do an auto myself

I went from a NV5600 to a full manual 47rh, best move ever. This auto has been a PITA too, but its worth it lol. Get it setup by someone who knows what their doing and you won't regret it.

Put your purse down and do it. I did it, and love it. Exact same thing you're TALKING about doing. Now I can go fast, when the trucks not broke!!!

Just throw a fuller 9 speed in it, you'll never kill one of those lol.......you'll never go fast either

Do it 6spds are fun, but a good built auto is just as fun and faster!! Brad here at the shop done it to his truck with a full manual VB and ratchet shifter.

So please explain this manual vb and ractchet shifter.. So I, the driver, would be telling this automatic trans when to shift? So in other words, there wont be the need of abunch of wiring and alterations of electronics?? Whats the cost on something like this??

So please explain this manual vb and ractchet shifter.. So I, the driver, would be telling this automatic trans when to shift? So in other words, there wont be the need of abunch of wiring and alterations of electronics?? Whats the cost on something like this??

You can get a manual valve body for 600-700. 250 for a ratchet shifter.

from phone

Back