tasking for Manas

lol, don't tell me the other guy is guard or something. If I never see another 90 year old guardsman or reservist again, I'll only be too happy.

Yes he came in the Marines in the first gulf war, separated, army infantry shortly after iraq started then reserve af eod after he realized the army suc.. i mean, isn't the air force :poke:

EDIT: On a side note, you're what I'm trying to re-train into LOL

EOD? or VM?

LOL, well yea, we figure you cops drive around base with headlights out all the time, we figure u can go without the vehicle as a whole!!!! By the way, what base was that at???

FYI, unfortunately we have to follow some guidelines when cannabalizing, and if that car was wrecked, it might have still been in processing mode for Accident Estimates and what not, so we cant take anything off of it til it is done.

On a side note, it is our goal to keep vehicles for as long as possible, because we all know that LOW Mission Capable Rates get us recognition!!! LOL haha.

Good luck with your cross training. What rank are ya?

Yes he came in the Marines in the first gulf war, separated, army infantry shortly after iraq started then reserve af eod after he realized the army suc.. i mean, isn't the air force :poke:

EOD? or VM?

LOL the army is where I'm drawing most of my experience. And yes, I'm glad I went AF. Cop leadership sucks, but 6 in 6 out is a lot better than 12-15 out.

LOL, well yea, we figure you cops drive around base with headlights out all the time, we figure u can go without the vehicle as a whole!!!! By the way, what base was that at???

FYI, unfortunately we have to follow some guidelines when cannabalizing, and if that car was wrecked, it might have still been in processing mode for Accident Estimates and what not, so we cant take anything off of it til it is done.

On a side note, it is our goal to keep vehicles for as long as possible, because we all know that LOW Mission Capable Rates get us recognition!!! LOL haha.

Good luck with your cross training. What rank are ya?

I'm at grand forks. The problem wasn't so much the dead light, but that they wouldn't let me "scavenge" and once I turned the car in, I wasn't allowed to leave, they deadlined it. I contribute a lot of it to just being grand forks.

E5, trying to crosstrain to vehicle maint, and a couple others that I can't remember the exact names of. I even through pavement in there :) At this point I'd be willing to do anything but services or going officer LOL EOD was on my original list when I enlisted, but the wait was over 8 months, so I went cop instead. Don't get me wrong, being a cop is awesome, the hours suck, but the job is great. I just can't handle getting backdoored and backstabbed by leadership anymore.

Last edited:
I even through pavement in there :) At this point I'd be willing to do anything but services or going officer LOL EOD was on my original list when I enlisted, but the wait was over 8 months, so I went cop instead. Don't get me wrong, being a cop is awesome, the hours suck, but the job is great. I just can't handle getting backdoored and backstabbed by leadership anymore.

be careful if you get the paving job...you might get stuck in a red horse unit. back in the day it used to be good but now they (at least the one i was in) eat their own just as bad as the cops.

hmmmm, good lookin out. Thanks man. It's off the list!

AFSC Choice 1: 2T111 - VEHICLE OPERATIONS
AFSC Choice 2: 3E211 - PAVEMENTS AND CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT (GONE NOW)
AFSC Choice 3: 3E111 - HEATING, VENTILATION, AC, AND REFRIGERATION

I threw HVAC on there because I did it in college as a part time job with the engineers that worked on the campus. It was fun work then.

I'm also starting to think the eating your own thing is just a basic air force principle, you know, like one of the FOUR core values LOL

you don't really need to take it off your list. hell, all of the jobs you listed are in red horse. lol there are only a few jobs out there that they don't have.

it does seem that way though. it seems more and more now and days that leadership only cares about how to better themselves instead of taking care of their troops.

Yup, it's all about EPR/OPR bullets. I guess I'll move pavements to the bottom at least. I'm trying to think of any other jobs to add. Just anything to increase my chances of re-training. I just really don't want a desk job.

lol. They do too much running for my tastes. That 1.5 miles every 3 months is enough for me. Not to mention the possible 2 years of schools. I've be eligible for MSgt by then LOL

Madmike, i thought u said Vehicle Maintenance, not Vehicle Ops. Now if you want to be a Combat Trucker, then VO is the job for u!!!

Vehicle Maintenance, we take care of our folks, u wont see that eating your young mentality very often.

Madmike, i thought u said Vehicle Maintenance, not Vehicle Ops. Now if you want to be a Combat Trucker, then VO is the job for u!!!

Vehicle Maintenance, we take care of our folks, u wont see that eating your young mentality very often.

I wanted to do VM, but I figured if the rest of the air force is anything like grand forks, I'll never actually touch a vehicle. Our trans guys send EVERYTHING, chevy or not, to the chevy dealership in town. But I'm thinking of adding them to the list above ops the next time I submit for retrain in September.

you have to remember, if the Vehicle is GSA it has to go downtown per the GSA Agreement. If it has a regular AF Reg number then we work on it. We as a whole across the AF VM work on Heavy Equipment more than light duty stuff.

There is a lot more to it than us not wanting to work on it and we send it downtown to be fixed

Oh I know it's not by choice. I'm sure you'd rather work on all our stuff in house. Saves time and money I'm sure. I was just stating what I've observed at my base. I'm sure it'd be different if we had more vehicles, but to be honest, us cops and a few officers are the only ones with gov's any more. We don't even have planes anymore!

Back