TC comming in/out of lockup?

jgsturbo

caveman
smurfdyno032112.JPG

99 24v, 47RE- valair triple disc TC and transgo shift kit.
It was weird, popped out/in of lockup during the pull right around 80-90mph :doh:

Doesn't display any other issues other than the shift lever need adjustment, doesn't like to go from N to D.
Another PIC with MPH
smurflockup.jpg

Last edited:
Mine just does it at random times. Sometimes months apart. Really annoying!

Make sure the apps is grounded and the battery connections are good too.

I've had this happen on a truck and it was a worn out alternator causing electrical interference, I damn near pulled all my hair out trying to fix it lol.

Somebody sells an apps isolator that's supposed to fix it too but its just masking the problem.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I've had this happen on a truck and it was a worn out alternator causing electrical interference, I damn near pulled all my hair out trying to fix it lol.

Somebody sells an apps isolator that's supposed to fix it too but its just masking the problem.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

This is what I have heard, and why I haven't fixed the prolem yet.

Where is the APPS grounded?

Re-ground the apps... or just wire in a lockup switch temporarily to figure out if its mechanical or electrical. Tst has great instructions of a lockup switch. ATS has a fix on their website for re grounding the apps. You actually splice a ground wire into the ground for the apps, and run a new signal wire from the apps to the PCM. Lemme see if I can find the docs and or wiring diagrams.

lockup switch
www.tstproducts.com/Torque%20Converter%20Lockup%20Switch.pdf

grounding instructions
www.atsdiesel.com/additionalinfo/3092218/4th%20Gear%20Hunt%20Fix%20(1998-2002)%20v1.0.pdf

Last edited:
Re-ground the apps... or just wire in a lockup switch temporarily to figure out if its mechanical or electrical. Tst has great instructions of a lockup switch. ATS has a fix on their website for re grounding the apps. You actually splice a ground wire into the ground for the apps, and run a new signal wire from the apps to the PCM. Lemme see if I can find the docs and or wiring diagrams.

grounding instructionswww.atsdiesel.com/additionalinfo/3092218/4th%20Gear%20Hunt%20Fix%20(1998-2002)%20v1.0.pdf

Thank you! I'm going to do this right now.

Somebody sells an apps isolator that's supposed to fix it too but its just masking the problem.Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I installed an older BD noise isolator kit on a 02 last fall and it cured it. That truck sucked to drive because the constant locking and unlocking got old quick!

Back