TCI Converter.....

Slim

Breakin Crap
I was looking a converters an im bout to spend some money but i want to spend it wisely.. I was wondering if anyone runs the TCI Converter cause i noticed they are pretty fairly price but im thinking on going with The Gorend Bros.. Just looking for a little feedback???

I know 2 people who have the TCI and both are looking to upgrade to something better in the future, as both of them have injector upgrades and an edge comp box and they need a better converter.

i know a guy running a beta TCI and his truck can burn tires at 50mph.....don't give up on TCI just yet :evil

i have a good used ats triple lock for sale $600 will out perform that tci convertor any day

What year & how many miles on this converter?

its only about a year old buddy had it sitting and put it in after he stripped splines on stk input and and took out old convertor he now has upgraded to a goerend trans and the convertor is mine just trying to get it out of my way

ya i was looking at a suncoast and an ATS but i have heard a lot of good things about goerend bros stuff

Goerends all the way. I have 3 of them, available, one has about 4 hooks on it, maybe 10 miles, the other 2 have 1 hook each. What charger are you trying to light, they are varing stalls, from super tight, to stock.

Does Goerends make their own converter? If not, who's converter do they use?

Burner said:
Does Goerends make their own converter? If not, who's converter do they use?
Dave builds his own converters in house. Slim go with DAVE GOEREND you can't go wrong. TCI has been building gasser converters for along time but there new to the diesel world. Thanks Steve B.

ctd8999 said:
Dave builds his own converters in house. Slim go with DAVE GOEREND you can't go wrong. TCI has been building gasser converters for along time but there new to the diesel world. Thanks Steve B.

But if it can handle a 600-1000hp race car at 8,000rpm why cant it handle a 500hp diesel at 2700rpms LOL

getblown5.9 said:
But if it can handle a 600-1000hp race car at 8,000rpm why cant it handle a 500hp diesel at 2700rpms LOL
Might be because of the TORQUE. Thanks Steve B.

getblown5.9 said:
I know 2 people who have the TCI and both are looking to upgrade to something better in the future, as both of them have injector upgrades and an edge comp box and they need a better converter.
TJ, why are these guys wanting something better than TCI ?? LOL LOL LOL Thanks Steve B.

He has stock charger he wants one for towing my pulling truck he might go with jammer 5's & edge comp this is all he will due power wise as far as I know. I have told him Bros is good stuff, from who I have talked with and what I have heard from a few guys he is very good at what he does and builds!
Brandon

Goerend gets my vote too. Get to talk to and best warranty, with lifetime it was less then $1300.

ctd8999 said:
Might be because of the TORQUE. Thanks Steve B.

ctd8999 said:
TJ, why are these guys wanting something better than TCI ?? LOL LOL LOL Thanks Steve B.

Steve...I think you missed my sarcasm in that post. I know too many people that used to have a tranny builder when they had their muscle car, and they could always build a transmission for their 10 second weekend warrior. So they also assume its the same when building a diesel tranny.

But you know what, I've yet to see a Jiffy Trans, or gasser "Race Shop" tranny last with any kind of power in these trucks.

I don't know a whole lot tho, I pick my own gears when I drive.

I had a guy that I used to work with, buy a TCI convertor, after I told him to do it right the first time. Convertor was in the truck less than 2 months, and he bought a goerend convertor.

getblown5.9 said:
Steve...I think you missed my sarcasm in that post. I know too many people that used to have a tranny builder when they had their muscle car, and they could always build a transmission for their 10 second weekend warrior. So they also assume its the same when building a diesel tranny.

But you know what, I've yet to see a Jiffy Trans, or gasser "Race Shop" tranny last with any kind of power in these trucks.

I don't know a whole lot tho, I pick my own gears when I drive.
TJ, after I posted I went back and read your first post, and figured that. Thanks Steve B.

Back