TDI beetle turbo

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
i think the turbo went out of our TDI beetle, its pushing oil out the exhaust and hws no power, i'm going to put it in the sho today, anybody got any ideas where a good place to get a upgraded one is. TIA

You want a Garret VNT 17, when I was looking for one the best price new I could find was from Kerma TDI, it came with an adapter to hook it right up to the stock IC piping. Right at 1k best I remember.

i got a 17/22 hybird turbo going on next week, i'll let you know how it works out.

Sweet! Get a tune from rocketchip with some bigger injectors, and you'll be extremely surprised.

got a different turbo based on advice from a tdi guru, went with a garret hybrid 18/56 $1450.00

Did you happen to pick that up from either Kerma or street toys?

If so, good luck.

Kerma TDI why do you say that, it came recommended from a tdi guru.

Kerma TDI why do you say that, it came recommended from a tdi guru.
Go over on tdiclub and do some reading on their customer service and faliure rate. I own a small fab/repair business doing mainly stuff for tdi's and kerma is the last place I would recommend for anything.

obviously whitebread may be on to something, i paid for my turbo a week ago and they said it will still be another week before they ship it. i just hope they realize i'm not some nobody i am a reputable business with alot of internet connections negative feedback from me would not be good for their business.
all i ask is to be treated like i treat my customers.

obviously whitebread may be on to something, i paid for my turbo a week ago and they said it will still be another week before they ship it. i just hope they realize i'm not some nobody i am a reputable business with alot of internet connections negative feedback from me would not be good for their business.
all i ask is to be treated like i treat my customers.

I doubt you will have an issue, Kerma has been around for a long time, like any body they have had some ruff spots here and there, but I seriously doubt that there are any other tdi vendors that have moved as much product as they have.

I am by no means a Kerma fanboi, as there business practice with some of their suppliers has been less then stellar (I am a personal friend of Mark, the owner of diesel inside). However I think some of Kerma's troubles have been cleared up with Charile stepping more into the background...

I doubt you will have an issue, Kerma has been around for a long time, like any body they have had some ruff spots here and there, but I seriously doubt that there are any other tdi vendors that have moved as much product as they have.

I am by no means a Kerma fanboi, as there business practice with some of their suppliers has been less then stellar (I am a personal friend of Mark, the owner of diesel inside). However I think some of Kerma's troubles have been cleared up with Charile stepping more into the background...
I certainly hope Charlie stepping out of the main seat helps things. I've replaced an alarming number of defective street toys/kerma parts. The one time I ever called them to do business, it ended up being a very sour phone call rather quickly. Needless to say, no business was done.

I certainly hope Charlie stepping out of the main seat helps things. I've replaced an alarming number of defective street toys/kerma parts. The one time I ever called them to do business, it ended up being a very sour phone call rather quickly. Needless to say, no business was done.

I have been directly out of the TDI scene for a few years now, but as far as I was aware, street toys stopped doing business with kerma some time ago...

I have been directly out of the TDI scene for a few years now, but as far as I was aware, street toys stopped doing business with kerma some time ago...
That is true, however, maybe you missed this or this somewhat recently. I'm not trying to put them down, just making sure people know what's going on so they can make thier decision accordingly.

Last edited:
That's only the tip of the iceberg. Google will uncover the rest.

The reason I recommend tdiparts.com is when I had a lift pump fail on me, I called them up and had a new one on my doorstep in the morning. Return shipping was already paid on the box and a pick up was scheduled for the end of the day. Didn't have to pay a dime or even leave my house. Now that's customer service.

yep that sounds good, i called my guy today, he said he was talking to them via e-mail and they were working on it, if it doesnt come soon i will start riding some a$$, ive been pretty paintent but the cars been down 3 weeks already.

Back