TDI girdle machining

Am I reading that the cage was posted on another forum with less than stellar components?

No that beetle cage that was posted here, when building a cage the idea behind the bars is to transfer the load/impact through the different bars so that the structure does not collapse. But if you look at that one, none of the bars are positioned to transfer any energy or support each other.

No that beetle cage that was posted here, when building a cage the idea behind the bars is to transfer the load/impact through the different bars so that the structure does not collapse. But if you look at that one, none of the bars are positioned to transfer any energy or support each other.

Damn, I though it got destroyed on the VW boards. I didn't pay much attention to the design, pics not to clear on my end.

So Dave I take it is finally done, the nightmare is over... :lolly:

Lol yeah, this thing gave me some grief, nothing about doing the job itself, it just seems there is some voodoo attached to this things as everything within ten feet of the damn thing failed:nail:

Damn, I though it got destroyed on the VW boards. I didn't pay much attention to the design, pics not to clear on my end.

It very well may have, I wouldn't know. I think I do recall Greg being about as accepted on tdiclub as he is here.

Back