TDI injection pump noise

cumminstroked

Hey guys I'm looking at getting a new car to drive for work and to just drive that gets good fuel mileage. In my search I found a Jetta TDI that has about 150k on it. The owner says it has a noise coming from the injection pump. I'm not familiar at all with these cars, what I'm wondering is what could possibly be the issue? How much am I looking at to fix this issue? What would a new pump cost me?
Any help would be great!

I had a 2000 beetle tdi that needed a injection pump that cost me $1400.00 you can get one for about $800 or less. How much is he asking for it

I had a 2000 beetle tdi that needed a injection pump that cost me $1400.00 you can get one for about $800 or less. How much is he asking for it

He is asking $3000 for it. He said it still runs fine just has some noise. My biggest concern is that it wouldn't be the pump and it would be a bigger issue in the motor

Its a manual

The noise is junk got in the pump and camplate/rollers are unhappy now. I see it all the time. Either way, go on car-part.com and get a used pump off an automatic car (bigger than manual cars' pumps) for $400 and call it a day. Drive on!

Good car easy to work on. Get the automatic f-pump for that car it's like putting on bigger injectors and tune it up with Ross tach program data base. Be happy

You can learn a lot from TDIClub.com

Last edited:
Back