TDI Power mods

i did the evry with a 680 resistor and i didnt like the flashing glow plug light or the horrible idle and the 1k resistor dldnt seem to do anything any suggestions?

put a switch on the resistor and dont turn it on unless the car is running. that will fix the lights i dont know about the idle

what would you suggest for a chip or programmer and what size nozzles? i ordered an egr delete, intake and i straight piped it

what would you suggest for chip or programmer? also what size nozzles would be good on this car, i ordered a egr delete intake and i think im going to get a fmic for it, its already straight piped

i got the 205's and they smoke a tiny bit if you lug it but driving normal it dont smoke and i think that is the biggest people recomend with stock turbos. i dont know about tuners though look on boraparts.com that guy lives right by me he has good prices good customer service and he is well respected on the tdi forums

Instead of just a resistor, I wired a potentiometer (variable resistor- like a volume knob: $4 from radio shack) and a switch to the fuel harness. I can adjust the level of the mod to avoid the check engine light, or turn it up. I can also turn it on or off. Unfortunately, I leave it off most of the time; my vagcom shows "excessive clutch slippage" in the transmission error codes.

i made my girlfriend by a 2001 vw jetta tdi but its an auto that tranny is a pos
but she loves it and we can run it on biodiesel

I'm looking into a diesel VW for a commuter. You guys say the 00-03 TDI's are like p-pumps... Can you run WMO mix in them without major problems like the 12v's? It looks like I will just get a manual from the get-go. Anything else to look for? I'm not in a rush to buy one right now but I want to start researching what I need to look for instead of praying I get lucky like I did on my 12v. TIA

I'm trying to find one too... I need it to travel to all these diesel events without breaking the bank. The mileage will be wonderful!!!! That is about the same mileage I get on my bike but room for the camera gear and luggage so what more can I ask for!!!

I'm trying to find one too... I need it to travel to all these diesel events without breaking the bank. The mileage will be wonderful!!!! That is about the same mileage I get on my bike but room for the camera gear and luggage so what more can I ask for!!!
haha, lent mine to my brother for a road trip- he was sold when it got better gas mileage than his motorcycle!

I'm looking into a diesel VW for a commuter. You guys say the 00-03 TDI's are like p-pumps... Can you run WMO mix in them without major problems like the 12v's? It looks like I will just get a manual from the get-go. Anything else to look for? I'm not in a rush to buy one right now but I want to start researching what I need to look for instead of praying I get lucky like I did on my 12v. TIA

Big "Oh Yeah" on getting a manual from the get go, having said that, if you can find a nice car with a busted auto for cheap, buy it and convert it to a stick, it's not much harder than merely swapping trannys out and actually cheaper. It's how I wound up with mine, about 20k on the swap and nary a moments trouble.

When you find one Chris, lemme know if you need any help on the mechanical aspects, I might know a fella who can help you :D

Big "Oh Yeah" on getting a manual from the get go, having said that, if you can find a nice car with a busted auto for cheap, buy it and convert it to a stick, it's not much harder than merely swapping trannys out and actually cheaper. It's how I wound up with mine, about 20k on the swap and nary a moments trouble.

When you find one Chris, lemme know if you need any help on the mechanical aspects, I might know a fella who can help you :D

Thanks Bill, be on the lookout for one and let me know if you see one... I really want to get one soon and get going on making it a fun little car!!!

We'll do some tech article on it too!!! It'll be fun!

in reference to pistons , here are some prototype billet pistons , that will be available soon as a forging. The price will be about $500 retail with total seal rings and wrist pins. There pistons are hard anodized, and coated. The pistons are infinitely stronger and 100 grams lighter.
I am also doing ALH cams in the MaxSpool line with both regrinds and billet cams.
Along with matching valves springs and titanium retainers .

GHTDI2.jpg

GHTDI3.jpg

I also have ARP head and main studs for the ALH in ARP 2000 material

Thanks Bill, be on the lookout for one and let me know if you see one... I really want to get one soon and get going on making it a fun little car!!!

We'll do some tech article on it too!!! It'll be fun!

Look in the Nashville Craigslist, that is the best location I have found in our area insofar as price and availability of cars, also, if you find something that is a few hours away from me that looks really good, lemme know, I have a trailer one will fit on.

Look in the Nashville Craigslist, that is the best location I have found in our area insofar as price and availability of cars, also, if you find something that is a few hours away from me that looks really good, lemme know, I have a trailer one will fit on.

Sounds good... I need to save a while longer before I can really get serious, but I would like to do it sometime soon. In fact I'd like to get one with an auto then do the manual conversion 'cause I think it will make a great article... What do you think?

Sounds good... I need to save a while longer before I can really get serious, but I would like to do it sometime soon. In fact I'd like to get one with an auto then do the manual conversion 'cause I think it will make a great article... What do you think?

I think it's a great idea, the only issue is finding either a donor car or someone who is parting one out where you can get everything needed. There are a bunch of small parts that really help the salvage yards usually chunk, they are available, but tend to nickel and dime you to death. Once you get serious and find a car, keep an eye peeled on the TDI club classifieds for someone selling a manual swap package. Plan on two days to do it if you are going to be sticking your nose in the way taking pictures and whatnot :poke: LOL

Bumping this old thread just because those pistons are DEAD SEXY!!!!

I just replaced my pistons and had I known these were available I would have picked them up.

GHTDI2.jpg

GHTDI3.jpg

I also have ARP head and main studs for the ALH in ARP 2000 material

i have a 2000 golf i installed the 520 nozzles and a ecu tuned by kermatdi. before reading some of the threads on the tdiclub site i bought a clutch from diesel geek. the clutch wasnt bad, but 2 years later it started slipping. just bought and installed a stage 3+ clutch from boraparts and its working great. with all the mods installed on my vehicle went from 90pp(stock) to close to 140hp and still getting 50mpg. next it the snow performance

Back