Team Thailand at the NHRDA World Finals

So minimum weight is the same no matter the engine displacement ? Makes their engine look even better in my eyes.

3 L vs. 6.6 L, hp per cubic is on another level compared to Wades engine.

That's correct no engine restrictions in Pro Stock or Top Diesel (which does not have a minimum weight either) :woohoo:

does it matter ? That's racing, not daily driving. Question is, can he make as much power ?

It does when you have to consider how many spare engines to bring with you LOL

Power is hard to speculate, because its v-8 vs inilne, and huge displacement difference. At the end of the day, I'd like to say wades engine will go further, because how much more can that little dmax have in it, without a lot of weight reduction?

Last edited:
It does when you have to consider how many spare engines to bring with you LOL

Power is hard to speculate, because its v-8 vs inilne, and huge displacement difference. At the end of the day, I'd like to say wades engine will go further, because how much more can that little dmax have in it, without a lot of weight reduction?
Ofcourse bigger engine has a possibility to go faster if it can be built to higher performance level it is now.

He's running faster in a similar weight vehicle so I'd say yeah, wade's making moar powa. Just not more/cubic inch of displacement. But who cares about that??? Is it impressive to make more per ci? Sure! But at the end of the day, people are still measrued on how fast and quick they go, not how fast or quick they go for a given ci.

And regardless of all that, the Thai truck is still a new favorite of mine. Moreso because of their ambition and dedication than necesarily how fast they go. Even then, for what they have to work with and go off of over there, what they accomplished is nothing short of IMPRESSIVE!!!

Last edited:
Are there any specs out about their engine? actual Displacement? Kinds of parts in the rotating assembly (rods, pistons, cams, etc)? Fuel injection system (pump/injectors/controller/ecm)? How radically built is their engine compared to it's original form in the NPR trucks? Size of their turbo?

Are there any specs out about their engine? actual Displacement? Kinds of parts in the rotating assembly (rods, pistons, cams, etc)? Fuel injection system (pump/injectors/controller/ecm)? How radically built is their engine compared to it's original form in the NPR trucks? Size of their turbo?

3.0L displacement, dual CP3, Carillo Rods, ARP fasteners, 71mm turbo, ECU=Shop tuning (the owner of that company was at the track and funded half the trip)

They said they get about 12 full power passes out of a motor.

Monday they were running 8.3s @ 170mph on a hurt engine

So minimum weight is the same no matter the engine displacement ? Makes their engine look even better in my eyes.

3 L vs. 6.6 L, hp per cubic is on another level compared to Wades engine.
Im accually running a 6 liter engine with a factory computor de tuned quite a bit, this is why it dont smoke. We can easyly make more power, but currently cant use what we have, non- lock up convertor and all.. among many others...

But how many passes does wade get out of each rebuild?

one year of 65 passes is when i' tear it down to look at it. not sure how far we could "push "it.

Last edited:
The difference between 188 and 162 MPH is huge and even more the ET difference of 8.30 to 7.40.... About 1000HP or better, depending on how you look at it, Were geared out by 900-1000ft, weigh a bit more 2800lbs, RPM limited, and have high slippage due to non lock up convertor,small turbo's,low boost psi and still not our max output...

Not trying to downplay what they have done, but certainly apples and oranges.

They obviously have more money,time, and crew members than we do...

Were just a limited 2-3 man opperation.

The difference between 188 and 162 MPH is huge and even more the ET difference of 8.30 to 7.40.... About 1000HP or better, depending on how you look at it, Were geared out by 900-1000ft, weigh a bit more 2800lbs, RPM limited, and have high slippage due to non lock up convertor,small turbo's,low boost psi and still not our max output...

They also never ran a full out 100% pass

He's running faster in a similar weight vehicle so I'd say yeah, wade's making moar powa. Just not more/cubic inch of displacement. But who cares about that???

Engine builder/tuner, tells a lot about the skills and knowledge.

Seems like diesel prostock is not very pro at the moment.

Whats your boost pressures, egts, rpms thru the traps? From what I have been told you go thru about 9lbs on nitrous per pass. How about a fuel only run? Impressive runs thou.

Last edited:
As in all together. Building the 4 cylinder's like this.

I'd guess years since they have been available in many different models of trucks and cars for a while. However I'm not sure how long the common rail has been around over there and I'm not sure how long they have been running dual pumps but I will ask and find out.

Back