Testing New Nitrous Express system, need near stock TDI for dyno work

COMP461

Comp Diesel Sponsor
I will be doing development work at Nitrous Express dyno facility in Wichita Falls Texas in the next week or so. I need a stock, or near stock TDI. This is not to make big numbers, but to do extensive testing, although the solenoids have a lot of capacity. This is to develop a few systems. You will get to keep the system. if after you want to make more power , I will help, but you’re on your own, if you go above what I think is safe power for you combination
I want a near stock, emphasis on stock engine; improved drive line would be great. I will have Steve Glover from TDIguy.com tuning with Charlie’s Kerma tunes. We are developing complete package, with compatible nitrous systems.
I have the dyno for the entire day, or as many days as needed, so if others want to come up with modified cars and want to get on the dyno, it’s not a problem. If Steve Glover organizes has a get together, then the dyno will be available for others when it is not doing the R&D work .

Doesn't Big Swole have a TDI... he could Swole that one too.

Hey thanks for getting back to me Greg.

The neat Part is we will be working directly with Kerma, their tuning ability’s are they are undisputedly the best in the TDI community, with many, many, years at it. Charlie is has made really good gains new CR TDI 2.0 liter. We are going to make some plug, and play nitrous tunes, and matching NX systems.
We are going to take our Jetta Cup and does a little development work as well for Pikes peak

i wouldnt call kerma the best tuning in the tdi market. rocketchip makes some pretty damn good tunes

Where do you come up with that?

First I do not work with, or endorsee product I don’t believe in. nor do I make comments on a product I don’t have first hand knowledge about . I have seen what the rocket stuff dose , and it’s very crude at best , it uses excessive fuel pulse , and turbo settings to make hp that will over speed the VGT turbo, and will sooner or later leave you with broken parts.

In a TDI you have to tune with a little finesse, that’s the reason the Brady recommended Kerma to me when I started this venture.
I’ve have extensive time on the dyno , with a full battery of data logger equipment , and the truth is not what these people want to hear I don’t share dyno numbers so don’t ask, but the rocket stuff is nowhere close , The EGT's are unreal, and the drive pressure is excessive , its a quick fix of hp that won't last .

Well I’ve had several people contact me, but none are close enough, the dyno is in Wichita falls Texas at Nitrous Express R&D facility

Doesn't Big Swole have a TDI... he could Swole that one too.

Hey thanks for getting back to me Greg.
, the TDI world is not ready for that.
oh Swole what about your TDI , could it use a little shot of NX *nx*

Come to think of it, I wouldn't rank either Kerma or RC the best TDI tuner in US. But thats just me, and I live at the other side of the planet so my opinions don't actually matter.

Come to think of it, I wouldn't rank either Kerma or RC the best TDI tuner in US. But thats just me, and I live at the other side of the planet so my opinions don't actually matter.

Where's your suomi? Who is the best?

I have a stock 2005 Passat TDI and will be in the Dallas area from Wednesday to Sunday this week...?

-Cliff

I hope my buddy cliff above gets it. He will be in town at that time and he's been interested in doing some stuff for a while. His 05 passat would be perfect for it.

I have a stock 2005 Passat TDI and will be in the Dallas area from Wednesday to Sunday this week...?

-Cliff

SOUNDS GREAT, Charlie is getting you a tuner ready; we have several tunes to try. I love the street tunes that he does, they are so smooth, and make great power without high Egt’s , part of what made Kerma what they are today in the TDI world.
Oh the dragster is going thru final assembly about 10 feet from the dyno.

ohh sweet cliff, you'll get to see one badass dragster when your there!

It doesn't take much overboost to kill the stock TDI Turbo, that's for sure. The power gains, for safety and reliability, are gasser type power numbers(20-35rwhp), rather than the big power we see in the trucks. It's relative though, they only start out with 90-130rwhp. I've tuned my VW's, as well as some customers, for quite some time with the same tuning software most of the others use. The programmers look the same, except for re-badging.

Alientech

Damn I cant believe I missed this post when it came out!!! Still needing a car?
I have a bone stock 06 jetta tdi with the dsg(unfortunetly).

Back