tf 727

It will bolt up, but there are some differances The case its self is not as heavy and the gas use a 4 pinion planetary were the diesel uses a heavy duty 5 pinion.

Make sure you use the diesel converter as the gas ones are externaly balanced.

cool thanks. the problem i'm having is that when i put my billet torque converter in my 47rh there was no play with it not bolted to my billet flex plate. so wanted to do was put a mid engine plate between the engine and trans to get some clearence so i don't hurt my pump. and summit racing sells one for a for a 727 gas engine. this is the part i'm talking about. and i will trim the outside off

Attachments

• engine plate.jpg
    engine plate.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
Just make a spacer out of .25" aluminum, or use a washer on each bolt. There are thousands of GM cars out there like that who need more clearance for aftermarket converters.

I believe the bellhousing bolt patterns are different too.

There is a small block mopar v8 bellhousing bolt pattern
There is a big block mopar v8 bellhousing bolt pattern

The 47rh/re trannys have an SAE bellhousing bolt pattern on them which I don't think is the same as either of the gas v8 motor versions. It is the same as the v10 however.

I haven't physically measured all of these together to see if any of them are the same or not though.

Just make a spacer out of .25" aluminum, or use a washer on each bolt. There are thousands of GM cars out there like that who need more clearance for aftermarket converters.

I believe the bellhousing bolt patterns are different too.

There is a small block mopar v8 bellhousing bolt pattern
There is a big block mopar v8 bellhousing bolt pattern

The 47rh/re trannys have an SAE bellhousing bolt pattern on them which I don't think is the same as either of the gas v8 motor versions. It is the same as the v10 however.

I haven't physically measured all of these together to see if any of them are the same or not though.

cool thanks. i just got done making one, i made it out of 188. steel plate. and now i have about that much clearance

Back