Thank GOD for relief valve!!

jsf350

Went and started up the truck the other day and it sounded horriable. The quad rail pressure gauge was reading 0. Which was weird. But it was running even with it @ 0. Very funny. I thought the upper cp3 had gone bad as the noise seemed to be coming from that area.
After checking everything out/ unplugging and replugging everything back in the rail pressure gauge was showing 28k+ at idle... wtf... gotta be wrong?!

now im only running the motor for maybe 20 seconds each time. i happened to touch the relief valve and it is burning HOT...... the truck is seeing 28K+ psi and the relief valve is working its ass off relieving the pressure (YIKES)

WHAT if i had it capped??

well after pulling it all off to see why its hitting max rail pressure............... something messed up with the mp-8 causing it to command max pressure "even though it was set at zero":badidea:

thanks god i wasnt driving down the road and the mp-8 decided to go crazy..........

wonder if this has caught anyone off guard and destroyed there trucks with a relief valve.......... something to think about.....

thank god computers are trustworthy.....

i'll stick with my stupid p-pump thank you.

I posted over on CF but wanna put this up hear too.....

I had something similar happen.... BUT my MP-8 wasnt even hooked up!!
Jumped in my truck Friday morning and went to start it and it didnt start right away... turned the key off and turned it back on but waited for a second or tow and then started it and WOW rattled like crazy and idled rough, looked up at the RP gauge and it was spiked to 25k and then DING check engine light. SO I shut it down and waited a few more seconds and started it back up...
Ran smooth so I backed it out of the garage and shut it down to check the code and I had a P0193, so I cleared that and started it back up and idled fine got out on the road and with in a few hundred feet DING check engine light again. Checked it again and same thing P0193 so I got it back to the house and left it set.
Now today I installed my Stage 3.5 and man this thing idled and ran smooth a silk....
Hooked the MP-8 back up along with a BD boost fooler and stared the truck... jump out to look things over and moved the RP connectors abit to look behind them and the truck rattled real bad and DING... P0913 again... cleared that and unhooked the BD boost fooler and left the MP-8 hooked up and the truck runs fine with no codes.... But now when I dial up the MP-8 I cant see a increase on my rp gauge.... before I could see the increase on my gauge as i dialed up the MP-8 but now I cant..... WEIRED MAN.... WEIRED!!

Back