That dyno flex pipe sound........

mikmaze

I know many of you, myself included, can't get enough of that sound that the exhaust makes when it comes through that long flex pipe that they slip on at the dyno. Wellyesterday I had a new upgrade come for my truck, a 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust. It bells to 5 inches right after the ring for the band clamp at the elbow from turbo and runs all the way back to the exit at a full 5 inches. To my surprise, while gettin on it last night I heard a familiar sound, that angry bwap that ya hear from the dyno flex pipe ! yes I have quite a few mods on the truck that may add to that effect as well but I was not expecting that at all. Any body else get that sound when runnin the 5 ?

Personally I hate the sound of the exhaust out of the flex pipe and my 5" exhaust never made that sound. Must be a 3rd gen thing. LOL

who makes a 3 piece for the third gen motor ? thought most of them / all were two piece...... cam is definately on the wish list.

We've got a 3-pc on one of our '05s... can't remember if it's HTT or ATS though.

lemme guess tho, I will need a new down pipe ? heck I just put the 5 inch on, not lookin to hack that up yet.

Back