That was close...

juiced95CTD

Endless Addiction
A buddy and I were driving to pick up some things a few weeks back, pull in the drive way and "SNAP". It was just as I was coasting to a stop from about 5mph. I got out and went to the front end. Sure enough, the steering arm (from pitman arm to passenger side) had snapped a few inches from the adjustment collar. Luckily for us, it was when we were almost to a stop and not while we were doing 75mph on the highway a few minutes earlier. This truck used to have a 6" lift on it, I traded with someone for all their stock suspension parts and pitman arm so Im pretty sure thats not the issue. Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

A buddy of mine had the steering box sector shaft snap while backing out of his driveway about a month ago in his 2006 Megacab. Since he's running on 35" tires, I told him to get a steering box stabilizer along with the new steering gear. In fact, I had mentioned it not too long before this happened.

I did the Borgeson box and Stabilizer a few moths prior to this, so I was hoping to avoid at least sooooome of the front end issues these dang things have. This is my first experience with this snapping. On a second gen, Ive had the steering box pull off the frame completely, and the steering shaft snap, so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised I guess :doh:

Back