THATS it.... I have had enough of this NV4500.. Time for a 6spd swap..

wpeschel

Psyko
Well on my way home from the BUDA dyno, I blew out my tranny again.. I just had the tranny rebuilt when I blew out my input shaft, and counter shaft.. I want advice on swapping in a 6spd.. I was wondering if the g56 would go in as easily as a mv5600???

Im still trying to figure out how people are breaking these things....

G56<NV5600<NV4500

Thats been my experience anyway

G56<NV5600<NV4500

This is a easy one.

Neither trans was ment to be abused the way we abuse them . The NV56 will grenade if speed shifted or slip shifted and parts are scarce for rebuilds . The NV45 has too small of a input shaft so they grenade along with the out put shaft and it's crap design for the 5th gear nut splines.

The NV45 can be made to hold more power just upgrade to a 1/3/8th shaft and a Torq King Shaft from www.quad4x4.com.

they break cases i think, Jason Czerak broke his with only like 550hp at the time if i remember right.

What kind of luck are ppl having with the g56?

Wes... call bobby and ask him what the heck happened. May have been just a freak accident.
I wouldnt totally throw the nv4500 out of the question yet. Lotsa peeps out there making some serious hp on them.

Lance

Wes... call bobby and ask him what the heck happened. May have been just a freak accident.
I wouldnt totally throw the nv4500 out of the question yet. Lotsa peeps out there making some serious hp on them.

Lance

I dropped it off lastnight with him.. I called this morning and told him where I hide the key, Ima head up there and see if he has it apart yet before he closes.. Im not spending any more money on this tranny.. I just put 1200 into it two months ago.. I will take the 5600 out of my 03 before anything else.. I found a g56 for 2 grand... We will see..

I blew up my nv4500 so times in my old 98. It HATED 3rd gear launches with a dual disc. The truck was only running 475 and 575 on bottle at the time. Again, i was launching at 30 lbs of boost in 3rd. I ended up putting a 47rh in the truck and dropped .5 seconds in the 1/4.

650hp seems to be when people are blowing up the g56's stick with your nv4500 or nv5600, if your making good hp stay away from the g56, especially if your pulling.

G56<NV5600<NV4500

Same here...

I loved my NV4500 in my '97, had 250k on it when I lost 2nd and Reverse was hard to get into, had it rebuilt and that trans is still shifting somewhere in some truck:p

:rolleyes:
haste makes waste. ;)

I don't see how this imply's ????? So I went to the shop, and basically the 5th gear was stripped.. I will give this thing another try.. I remember reading somewhere here or TDR that alot of guys were swapping to a nv5600.. If it is supposedly the strongest I will stick with it.. I'm not going to a auto...

Back