the beast hit 710 on dyno.

tirefrier

Coal Train conductor
finally got onto the dyno at left coast friday and am pleased to report that the truck got over 700 multiple passes. getting almost 70 psi of boost on the runs and on the track at sac raceway and on the machine. so far the best I got on track was 13.4 with 2.01 60ft .303 reaction and 109 mph. need more practice launching and lockup switch for improved times. thanks everyone at left coast for your help.

Congrats Dave...it was fun playing with her on the dyno on Friday and seeing her run on Sat..:rockwoot:

I knew you'd run!!! Jason will have to redo the lockup switch to get it working right, then you can have some real fun!!!

Nice to meet you and the wife this weekend, and look forward to seeing you guys more often now.

Congrats, 700HP to the wheels is awesome!

Did you ever end up doing anything with that head I traded you?

finally got onto the dyno at left coast friday and am pleased to report that the truck got over 700 multiple passes. getting almost 70 psi of boost on the runs and on the track at sac raceway and on the machine. so far the best I got on track was 13.4 with 2.01 60ft .303 reaction and 109 mph. need more practice launching and lockup switch for improved times. thanks everyone at left coast for your help.

What were your egts like and smoke at wot?

What were your egts like and smoke at wot?

wasnt able to look at the egt guage but I have a hard time ever getting hot. smoke clears very fast even before the 60ft. I believe. on the other note I didnt plan on racing when i got those 37s just how it worked out.

Last edited:
congrads--

your 1/4 times are REALLY bad .....and say you have WAY less hp

my 566 hp 1/4 times were 12.6 @ 109 ( 35's / 3" lift / full fuel/ tailgate/ QC loaded laramie....... 2.0 sec 60')

but all hp is higher on the west coast! lol

congrads--

your 1/4 times are REALLY bad .....and say you have WAY less hp

my 566 hp 1/4 times were 12.6 @ 109 ( 35's / 3" lift / full fuel/ tailgate/ QC loaded laramie....... 2.0 sec 60')

but all hp is higher on the west coast! lol

This was my first time down the track, without a lockup switch, add 37s in the equation and bamm theres the bad times. I have the sheet that shows the dyno runs, if your in doubt.

This was my first time down the track, without a lockup switch, add 37s in the equation and bamm theres the bad times. I have the sheet that shows the dyno runs, if your in doubt.

Dont worry Dave...East Coasters always doubt our numbers.

Everyone that night had bad times...I have ran 113mph before several times, but that night I ran 109mph...so going by "Calculators" my 109 says I am only making 640 to the wheels...but my 113 shows 700hp. So carry on with your drag racing experience and next time you'll make it better...

I was just poking fun- lol
Most of my parts are from the west coast- fyi
But i do have a large stack of slips to prove im not making up numbers-- maybe you have other issues? trans/ tc
again without lock up i was 12.8-9 @ 109 with 566 (dyno dynamics supposed to be 30 hp lower then most.... so 600 @wheel)

lock up is worth .20 in the 1/4--- get out there and practice launching ---- Maybe borrow some smaller tires and rims

Last edited:
I was running high 11's with an 8" lift, 4:11 gears and 37's....The truck made 825hp on the dyno. I did go and get some stock wheels and 35" tires for the track and now run 38's on the street

Back