The List

BHaner

Yep... The list of crap I can't figure out...

But pisses me off just enough to make a list! :hehe:

Most of the issues I have had in the past I have solved. The biggest was the surging while driving. New FCA seems to have fixed that.

1. The rattle. Happens under low boost, low RPM. As soon as throttle is applied. Sounds like timing, but does not change when I change the timing on smarty. Could be something to do with the rail pressure. Got worse with aftermarket injectors.

2. Cruise control surge. Mostly happens if I turn cruise control on when I am in 3rd lockup. Takes about 30 seconds to start acting up. Starts slow, then keeps getting worse! Like the cruise isn't fast enough to change with the load... It will get bad enough to start the whole truck bucking. This also happens when going down hill in OD. Not as often or as easy as it does in 3rd lockup.

3. The Cam sensor code. P0341. New cam and crank sensors... Still pops the code after coasting. More often when going down hill. It is the most sensitive in the first 1000 miles after an oil change. My best guess.... The cam is walking forward. Solution? Pull the cam, replace cam retainer, and machine down the front surface to make the retainer grove tighter. But not 100% sure that is even the issue... But makes sence.

4. Startup smoke. This one comes and goes... Was really bad, like every time I started the truck. I changed the cam and crank sensors... 80% better. But still does it. Truck must sit for at least 4 hours. There is also a stumble or rough idle that goes with it. Smoke smells like raw fuel. White/Blue tint. Injectors have been checked 3 times now... No issues to be found.

Other than the list above... Truck runs great! :hehe:

Whatcha think? Ideas? Could everything be tied together?

List all your mods, might be able to help.

Sorry, Forgot that I didn't have them in my sig.

2007 5.9 With a Suncoast Auto
MPI Twin turbos (64/13xS480)
Banks Intake, and Intercooler
ARP Head Studs
F1 Flux 4.3 injectors
F1 Helix 2 Cam
F1 Sportsman Springs
FASS 220 GPH @ 12 PSI
Vulcan 5/8 Fuel lines and draw straw
Mid-Atlantic Twin CP3's (two stock dodge CP3's)
37" Toyo's
3.73 Gears
Smarty with TNT-R

A little off topic, but how do you like the SPA Rail Pressure Guage! These have to be some of the coolest guages made!

I mean, stock stock, with no programming? Try that... Do you have a boost fooler?

I mean, stock stock, with no programming? Try that... Do you have a boost fooler?

Yes. Stock as in unloaded the smarty, removed the quad boost fooler.... Stock.

With it stock, it still does 1, 3, and 4.

Have not tried #2 yet with the stock setup.

OH sorry I thought you meant the different timing levels on the smarty.... Hummmm let me think

For #1 Do you have set of injetors to try? #4 It could be a bad cp3. Any leaks anywhere or anything like that?

For #1 Do you have set of injetors to try? #4 It could be a bad cp3. Any leaks anywhere or anything like that?

I have a set of stock tips I could swap in... But not a complete set of injectors.

As for the CP3... I have had 3 different ones. I ran two of those as singles, with the same issue. So I don't think it is... But it could be. Nothing changed when I swapped out the stage 2 for the stock pump.

I don't remember... do you have any internal work done other than the cam and springs ? I would assume you have a bolt on F1 cam ? That would eliminate #3 I think besides the codes.

I don't remember... do you have any internal work done other than the cam and springs ? I would assume you have a bolt on F1 cam ? That would eliminate #3 I think besides the codes.

Nothing other than the cam and springs.

Yes, I have the Bolt on Helix 2.

Back