the UPS guy must love me...

The UPS truck that delivers around here always leaves a nice cloud. Not just a little puff. The driver drags muscle cars and said "when those diesels hit it's one of the scariest/coolest sounds driving down the track next to them." It made me smile.

I've also got blue in my truck. Under my dash down by the pedals and foot rests I've got blue LEDs...pretty nice at night being able to see if anything drops down there, as well as gauges and my Pioneer head unit.

Bryce

Yup, the UPS trucks have Cummins in them and 24v at that. A buddy of mine back east that owned a truck repair shop had the UPS contract and I saw them first hand. I told Fish to throw one of my parts on there and see what the driver though...:hehe: Saw 2 UPS mechanics at the donuts shop at a late night study session break in college and asked them what they had under them. They told me. I said I got the same motor in my pickup. The young guy looked at me and said "Yea, but our industrial motors are more powerful than what you could have in your pickup" I let it go, I just let it go.....:bang

Their truck is bigger so it must be better.:doh:

Sometimes I catch myself wanting a VP or a CP3 equipped truck just because of the electronics offering more parameters..but then I remember my "chip" was free. Eh if it takes a 20 minutes to adjust it I can handle that.

Can't wait for the feedback for the box though, my friends got a 2000 that should be interested in it.

Bryce

Last edited:
X2, im very interested in your results "5.9" let us know. I finally found a Redline too, I go get it in a week or two, but im gonna sent it to Blue Chip to be checked out so it will be at least a month before I get it on. Still debating on Mach 6's or 7's ? Haisley 90lbs in mine. Id love to see a dyno sheet, keep up the good work!:rockwoot:

getblown5.9 said:
its gonna go on the dash, next to the pillar so its in easy reach, and easy view since I will be relying on it for the digital tachometer when pulling. Best part is that the screen is blue, just like every other part of my truck.

I have all blue LED's in my stock dash and all 5 autometer phantom gauges (bright) and my serious radio has a blue LED screen, and i just bought a head unit this week that lights up blue!

That'll be sweet, I dig the blue lights! Every light in my truck is blue as well.....they look so much better than green!

dieseljunkie said:
X2, im very interested in your results "5.9" let us know. I finally found a Redline too, I go get it in a week or two, but im gonna sent it to Blue Chip to be checked out so it will be at least a month before I get it on. Still debating on Mach 6's or 7's ? Haisley 90lbs in mine. Id love to see a dyno sheet, keep up the good work!:rockwoot:

go with 6's...unless you plan on adding twins or nitrous...

DonM himself said that 6's make more power in a single turbo truck, i tested some 7's and made 581...he said 6's would have made over 600. The 7's were too big for the single and should be used with big air and/or drugs for best results.

Good info! I was thinkin the 6's that just confirms my decision. Thank you. I also am going to get my truck back from the body shop on Monday, and I will be yankin the stock HO inj pump to be sent out to be built into a Monster stage II. Ill keep ya posted! :st:

Redline boxes are the real deal,when they work.They have a bad habit of spending alot of time in the mail getting fixed,but,when they are working they are righteous.

it should only be for one year anyway, it will prolly get p-pumped next year anyhow.

Hey

That sounds great, by then I will probably be ready to start pullin again. Maybe I can buy it back from ya in a year or so!!!!!!!!

When your looking for one, they are never around. I bought that one and then found two more for a cheaper $$. But thats just my luck anyway. LOL

getblown5.9 said:
it should only be for one year anyway, it will prolly get p-pumped next year anyhow.

parttimepuller said:
That sounds great, by then I will probably be ready to start pullin again. Maybe I can buy it back from ya in a year or so!!!!!!!!

When your looking for one, they are never around. I bought that one and then found two more for a cheaper $$. But thats just my luck anyway. LOL

the day after i sent you the money, inline6power put his "unlimited" version up for $75 less... DOH

Back