Thermostat Question

torqueman

I have 2nd gen 24v and has original 180 deg thermostat.Anybody running anything higher than that.Has it helped with more heat in the cab...Thanx

Winter covers are usually enough.

Have you tried back flushing out the heater core? I know of a few folks that have done that, and it really helped the heat situation.. Many many years with many thousands of miles can get a lot of gunk in there.

I have the reverse problem. My 02 runs a 190* I think and in the winter it throws a lot of heat in the cab. But in the summer while towing it runs hot. 195* and when you step into it on a hill it will climb over 210*. If your not paying attention I have seen it in the red of the stock gauge! I run a edge attitude and tow on level 3 because 4 and 5 can't pull hills with this heat issue.

I have the reverse problem. My 02 runs a 190* I think and in the winter it throws a lot of heat in the cab. But in the summer while towing it runs hot. 195* and when you step into it on a hill it will climb over 210*. If your not paying attention I have seen it in the red of the stock gauge! I run a edge attitude and tow on level 3 because 4 and 5 can't pull hills with this heat issue.

drill u 2 3/16th holes in it see if that dont fix it

Iwould clean the radiator and put a 180 in it befro drilling holes. For the op id flush your heater core out first.

Back