Things to Do while the Dash is out

kazairl

I was tired of painting my house today and decided to have a little fun. So I tore the Dash out of my Dodge! :charger:

Anyways, I was trying to think of things to do while I had it torn out. My Dash isn't cracked, My blend door is still working, I have to clean up a few presents some furry little critters left me and about 10 lbs worth of sand.

One of my goals is to sound proof the truck. Has anybody put some sound proofing behind the dash and seen improvements? I know I have been told it is not worth the effort of tearing the dash out to soundproof, but since I have it out for other issues would it be worth while?

Anything else I should look at that has slipped my mind?

I could have used my truck this coming weekend but I don't think that is going to happen anymore. :hehe:

Whats under the dash that has to do with the A/C? Whatever it is leaked on both of my 01 Dodges, I just filled it up once a year.

That would be the evaporator. Heater Core isn't a bad idea. I'll have to check how much one of those costs.

$90 on the heater core well worth it if you already have the dash out

149806_452554671946_568161946_5663835_1147388_n.jpg

did mine today also...

and this is what it looks like next to the evaporator through the hole for the blower motor...
33446_452530596946_568161946_5663387_1483829_n.jpg

starting to wish i never stuck my hand in there.

Yummy. I am getting tired of seeing the surface rust on the metal pieces of the dash so since I have it out I will probably clean that up and paint it also.

i would organize all the wiring under/behind the steering wheel area, make a tap from the ignition/radio wire thats easy to get to for future accessories, maybe even just a seperate fuse box with power from an empty slot in the fuse panel. that way anytime you wanna hook up gauges or switches for anything you have an easy box to get right to, not fish around and tap wires while upside down looking under the dash

I was thinking along the same lines. I've wanted to redo the wiring of my gauges for a while. When I put them in I was more concerned about getting them in instead of doing it right. So I will definitely be cleaning up some of the wiring for my gauges and redoing the tap for my Clearance lights(added them myself)

I do like your idea of adding an extra fuse box. I'll have to look into that.

very simple to buy a fuse block. just makes it so much easier to have all accessories on its own box.

you will thank yourself time and time again if you have to mess with wires in the future.

fyi mine is fed straight from the battery

If your heater box looked like that and your heater core was already a issue then do your ac evaporator. Then get one of these to keep all the crap out of your heater box. http://www.genosgarage.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CFF-DG-0610K

There has to be another way other then spending $50. I was thinking of using screen over those holes by the wipers.

If his QC is like the rest I have been in the only O $hit handle is passenger side on the pillar.

its bolted to the top of the roof.

Back