Think i broke a billet input

2004cuminz

Got on my truck today started spinning at about 50 then heard a noise and tranny has nothing but park. Thinking my input shaft broke. How bad does it tear up other stuff if thats what it is. What else could it be if not input?

Probabaly going to need to have the converter gone through, maybe the pump, 3rd/4th drum, all depends on how bad it broke i suppose. If it is the input, id throw the santjer solid billet input in it.

I thought about the santjer but trucks probably gonna sit for a while cuz my wallet wasnt ready for this.

I broke a TCS Magnum input shaft this time last year and it was a MUCH louder and feelable pop than when I broke a TCS maraging intermediate this summer. Yours sounds more like the intermediate and if it was the intermediate damage depends on where it broke. If it broke up high then you might only have the cost of a new shaft to deal with, but if not the cost could be much more. Did it break when OD engaged? The intermediate receives the highest stress when in lockup and OD engages.

Its a special intermediate firepunk sold me it had like a scribe in it so if it breaks it breaks there clean so it doesnt tear anithing up

I agree sounds like intermediate with how it happened and what you described now. Start tearing it apart pitter patter LOL

Got tranny out it was the input shaft broke just past the stator other half is stuck in the torque convertor. Hope it didnt mess up anything inside the trans.fml ill be down for a bit. I doubt dpc will cover something like this for my tc

Got tranny out it was the input shaft broke just past the stator other half is stuck in the torque convertor. Hope it didnt mess up anything inside the trans.fml ill be down for a bit. I doubt dpc will cover something like this for my tc

Why would it be the converter shops place to cover your negligence that was the result of having fun. Sucks, but pay to play.

Also be a really good idea to go through the valvebody and have it cleaned. First place small fragments for from a broken input is the valvebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes transmission will be gone through is. there a better input shaft than a tcs arizona that i wont have to buy a whole new tc

Tcs 27 spline correct? Pretty sure thats what lavon ran in the quad cab for a long time.

Back