Thinking of buying a 96 with mods - $$$?

Nighthawk

Hello OBS's

I currently have a 01 cummins but came across an opportunity to purchase a 96 with goodies from a friend. I really want the truck, but want to be fair to a good friend (I know what you are thinking :doh:) but not overpay.

I know this question has been asked so many times :nail: but the mods are throwing me off. Its a one owner 96 with 165k, CCSB 4x4 for the auto trans. I want to get a sense of what its worth from everyone who has a modded OBS. The body is almost perfect with zero rust.

Some of the Mods (cant remember all):

New engine block @ 160k
New ported heads with engine
New custom cam to match heads
High rev valve springs (4k)
Forged Rods
Ceramic Coated Pistons, delipped
275/200 injectors
ATS A5000 turbo with 1.00AR housing
Custom Intercooler piping
Spearco Intercooler
Custom tunes
A1000 fuel pump with full regulated return
ATS built trans with 15k on it

:thankyou2:

All that is installed?

Everything is installed, truck runs smooth and gets down the road. Little smokey under certain load conditions but tuning can figure that out.

I mainly was curious about how much (if any) the mods added to the blue book value.

:thankyou2:

If you took it to a dealer, they would deduct cost to return it to stock.

Private party sale, normal bluebook up to what you think the used mods (or used parts value) are worth.

Well still talking but he may end up keeping the rig so we shall see. I figured blue book and half of mods but it seemed still way too much $$$ for a 96.

The mods are like adding a swimming pool to a house. They may add some value to the right buyer, but most people say less than 10% over value with no mods at all.

Back