Those of You That Run Looney Tune

StrokerAce

Smooth Is Fast
For those of you that run the Looney Tune, let me run this by you to see if this is normal. I have been running Innovative's Xtreme Race and Xreme Street until about a week ago when I finally called Vivian up and got a Looney Tune. The first tune that I got was not impressive, it felt comparible to the Innovative Street tune that I have (not Xtreme Street). So I tried to call Vivian and left a message for her to call me back, which she never did. I e-mailed several times and finally got a response. Vivian said that they don't always send out their hottest Looney Tune the first time because not everyone wants to go fast and said that she would send me the hotter Looney Tune. Well, I got the "hotter" Looney Tune and it feels comparible to my Innovative Xtreme Street. The Looney Tune does not pull no where near as hard as my Xtreme Race and I can tell that it just isn't as strong of a tune. The Looney Tune doesn't even hit 30 lbs. of boost and my Xtreme Race will see upwards of 36 lbs. Of course I don't have any dyno or track number to support the difference in tunes, but I can just tell by the seat of the pants that the Xtreme Race is a much stronger tune. Does this sound right with what I am experiencing with the Looney Tune or is there something wrong? I have e-mailed Vivian again and have not gotten a response and at this point, I am kind of tired with trying to get ahold of them. Hopefully everything is well with them because the customer service that I am getting is not the same that I have read about in numerous threads. None the less, I am just trying to figure out if something is wrong with my tune or if that is just the way the Looney Tune is.

I can tell you they have hotter files available, but the question is how much do you want to push your truck? Do you have head studs? Do you have your EGR at least blocked off if not bypassed? These are some things you should consider real hard before wanting too much more IMHO. DJ's not going to throw a file at you that has a decent chance of lifting your heads unless you talk with him first. I run Eric's files as well as DJ's, and DJ's do make less boost than Erics, but the power is still there, they just go about getting it differently. If you weigh the risks and still want more, I'm sure he can hook you up, just be patient and keep trying.

I do have head studs and the EGR welded shut which was mentioned to them when I let them know what I was looking for in a tune. Oh well, I'm not going to give up and I'm sure that they are busy folks and they'll get to me when they can. I was just hoping to have what is said to be the best tune for this weekend in Indy.

how did you get ahold of her?
i have been trying for the past 3 days and no luck, that's why i am selling my SCT.

Your probably getting caught in the email spam filter. Try calling, thats the best way.

In reply to your concern about the looney files. I can tell you this that I have drove on several files from Innovative and DJ, and yes they do feel different in how they work. But the only real way to see whats going on is to get some kind of #'s. I know you shouldn't really go by boost #s to see what works the best. For instance My street tune from DJ only makes 24#'s at the most and runs 8.6's 1/8 and drives like any normal vehicle and little to no haze. I would just try to get the truck some where so you can see some results instead of just the seat-of-the-pants judgement.

I acually was going to make a post just like this but have been busy with family, I had a bullydog tune and just put arp headstuds in, new headgaskets, full egr delete and a set of gauges all to get ready for this "crazy" power from my new looney tune. I really dont think it makes anymore power then it did before I dumped a bunch of money into it. The tune for the trans is much nicer, the driveability is nicer and there is less lag off the line. The power is more linear also, and less violent when it comes on. I could lay a much bigger strap with the bullydog and the lonney kinda tapers off. I really would not have done any of this money or time wise had I known I really wasn't gaining much, I'm going to email DJ, I hope he has a hotter tune for me. I dont want to go to Innovative after just paying for lifetime tunes at dj's.

I acually was going to make a post just like this but have been busy with family, I had a bullydog tune and just put arp headstuds in, new headgaskets, full egr delete and a set of gauges all to get ready for this "crazy" power from my new looney tune. I really dont think it makes anymore power then it did before I dumped a bunch of money into it. The tune for the trans is much nicer, the driveability is nicer and there is less lag off the line. The power is more linear also, and less violent when it comes on. I could lay a much bigger strap with the bullydog and the lonney kinda tapers off. I really would not have done any of this money or time wise had I known I really wasn't gaining much, I'm going to email DJ, I hope he has a hotter tune for me. I dont want to go to Innovative after just paying for lifetime tunes at dj's.

Do what I did, call up innovative and just pay $80 for an Xstreet or Xrace file. I love my Xrace file, but then again I love the looney too. They are both close in numbers, but the feel is much different between the 2. Sometimes you have to shop around to see what your truck likes best.

try some LOONEY WILD i have seen 35lbs on that tune , but like they say all trucks react different to different tunes,,like mine could react better than yours on looney wild you never know ask for the hottest tune for you stratagey code?!?

yeah i've got two versions of the looney wild on my computer, the daily driver and the one Dj told me not to load up for daily driving, he called it "track only" file. Still haven't loaded up the track only file but the regular looney wild runs freaking awesome! Its really nice with the converter lock in 4th and 5th.

Thanks for the replys guys. As far as calling them, every time I call I get ahold of their son and leave a call back number with him for Vivian to call me back. I have tried everything short of sending a carrier pigeon to them. Maybe I'll give that a try. My biggest complaint is that I asked for the badest Looney Tune that they could give me and explained everything that my truck has. All I get is "the tune I sent you was not the fastest Looney Tune, let me send you a hotter one and tell me what you think". How many different Looney Tunes are there? I just wanted to talk to them and straighten this thing out and they can't seem to step up to the plate

Seems like nobody can get ahold of DJ and Viv lately. This is like the third time Ive heard about this in a week or so. I wonder whats up.

I am pretty sure they had to go out of town. There is alot of different looney tunes. Anytime Vivian doesnt anwser and their son does they are usually out of town. Who knows they might have gone on a vacation.

Last edited:
might still be some legal matters they are taking care of from last month maybe?

might still be some legal matters they are taking care of from last month maybe?

That may be more like it, because unfortunately when I called and talked to their son I could her a female voice in the background. I'm trying to be like everyone else and give them the benefit of the doubt but it's obvious that I'm not the only one having a hard time. I just hope everything is well with there health and personal lives.

Back