Those of You That Run Looney Tune

I have ran all the files(DJ,Gogo,Innovative and Elite)

Elite by far has the best trans files. Doesnt make the most power but I ran it because I loved the way it shift. Eric makes great power and has the next trans file I like. Real firm shift and always on boost... I would either go with Eric or Tadds tunning

Also when ordering files make sure they are actually custom tunes and not Value files

I gotta stand up for DJ's tunes here. I just received mine the other day so they are around. I bought the whole kit and caboodle from them and received it within a week and had the custom tunes loaded within a day or two. Keep tryin Vivian is great to work with and provides great stuff. You need to tell them Exactly what your looking for. Don't expect to get a track tune if you've never brought your truck in for them to see....It's written right on their website. I have never been down to DJ's everything was done over the phone and through email so I know they have great cust service. The more info you can give them the better and they won't send you the hottest looney tune they have so you go and bust your head! That's how you'd get into trouble as a performance shop. Keep tryin the tunes are Well worth it..

Ok enough preaching...I have the street smoke tune pushing 32 lbs of boost from DJ. Well worth it if you don't mind the plume of smoke left behind

My truck is a 03 6.0 F350 with 35s a k&n and 6 inch turbo back mitre cut stacks...LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!!!

With my Looney(s) I can easily peg my gauge out (35psi). I don't have any experience yet with other tuners, but I think the power is pretty damn good and the trans shifts nice and firm when you are on the go peddle, smooth when cruising...I am thinking about trying someone else just so that I have first hand experience myself...

Well that is what I was talking about but I wasnt going to put their business out on the street

I just got a new "faster" looney from Vivian, I haven't tryed it yet but I did notice that my truck makes the same boost stock vrs looney, I never had gauges before but I asumed it would have been more. 25psi either way??

Boost isn't always a measure of hp. My Looney isn't making over 30 lbs of boost but the truck definitely gets up and goes. I'm seeing around 25 lbs of boost during WOT runs in first and second gear.

--Snake

I do know that but I did think it would be higher then stock, I ran the new tune just now and it fells pretty strong, looks like about 27 lbs but pulls harder. I need a little more seat time with it and less rain, got a little hairy, lol.

I do know that but I did think it would be higher then stock, I ran the new tune just now and it fells pretty strong, looks like about 27 lbs but pulls harder. I need a little more seat time with it and less rain, got a little hairy, lol.

go up a steep grade with the tc locked and punch it.

I have 3 different "looney" tunes from Vivan and all are great. My truck will only make 30psi but runs 8.50's in the 1/8 on my "race" tune and 8.6xx 0n my "street tune"(CC,SB,4x4). EXELLENT driveability and shifting, no issues to date. Also customer service has been great, usually get new tunes within 24 hours or less.

Hi,

http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?p=387069#post387069

I understand that trying to get in touch with me or DJ, was not easy. I've replied to customers looking to make a purchase, one week after they sent their email because we went in order by email or call received. By the time I got back to them, they had already bought elsewhere but I still responded. It is nothing personal against anyone either. We just went in order to get the oldest done before we answered any new messages.

I know that we had always been very quick in replying and, just recently, I had a customer accuse me of making him wait on purpose because I had never made him wait before.

As far as tuning, every truck is different and not all react to the tunes in the same way. As was mentioned before, boost is not an indication of power. You can make as much power with 24 lbs. of boost as you can with 36 lbs. of boost and the 24 is less likely to hurt your turbo. Interestingly, smoke and boost are pretty dependent on the trucks cause the same tune will show different levels in trucks that should be identical.

We don't expect every tune we send will work perfectly on every truck but we will work with you to get you what you want.

Now Rob, I thought we already cleared that up here:
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66713&page=4
(specifically Post #'s 33-37). As DJ told you before, if you don't know what you're talking about, stop misleading people.

Also, I'm sure there are more important things in life than attacking us every chance you get. Get a Life!

I'm sorry. For those who don't understand. I mentioned once that we use DJ's value files and he's tried to twist it every time with remarks that if he knew what he was talking about, he would never make.

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
Now Rob, I thought we already cleared that up here:
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66713&page=4
(specifically Post #'s 33-37). As DJ told you before, if you don't know what you're talking about, stop misleading people.

Also, I'm sure there are more important things in life than attacking us every chance you get. Get a Life!

I'm sorry. For those who don't understand. I mentioned once that we use DJ's value files and he's tried to twist it every time with remarks that if he knew what he was talking about, he would never make.

Thanks,
Vivian
I wasnt attacking you I was pointing out that some vendors use value files. That is proven. I do know about the SCT software. I have the tuning software and the value files SCT gives you as a starting point. I also know some vendors build a data base inorder to be more efficent. This is also proven. I myself have a data base supplied to me by another vendor which I purchased in order to be more efficent. When I talk to customers I explain to them I am giving them a library file. Its a file that was built for an application. It may fit their truck and their requirements but its not custom Tuned to their truck. Alot of times it works perfect. I also have some trucks that need special attention other than the library files I gave them that wont take care of their issues or request. Those trucks will get some parameters adjusted or tweeked. Lots of vendors sell tunes like this.
As for DJ telling me I dont know what Im talking about.Im sure he knows me. He said one time I wasnt a vendor. Maybe you and him should share information about people.

So with that Vivan....PLease dont mislead people

Hi Rob,

SCT gives you the software. What each of us does with it is like the trucks. Everybody is different. I do not agree with you that the custom tuners base their tunes on preprogrammed value files. Ok, you weren't talking about us. Based on your response, you were talking about yourself?

Your last sentence doesn't make sense. I am very tired, else I would look up where DJ told you you didn't know what you were talking about. It didn't have anything to do with you being a vendor. He says he really doesn't care whether you are a vendor or not, he just doesn't want you making false remarks that mislead people.

Thanks,
Vivian

I acually forgot about this thread, I just wanted to add that my new Looney file workes very good, Vivian had it to me in under a weeks time (that was the longest I have ever waited for a responce), I didn't think that was a bad wait at all with them being as busy as they are, Thanks Vivian!!

Thank you.

Your truck just preferred a different format than the one we originally sent to you. We can give you more power with the that file, if you like.

For what we had to do for you, one week or just under was way too much time. It's just that we were so backlogged, we didn't know if we were coming or going. We tried to answer all the phone calls but know we missed some too. That's where the reorganization came in. We setup new processes and even job descriptions. We're very excited about this!

Thanks,
Vivian

Back