Thoughts on these two turbos

I'm running the 480/1.10 primary and it lights faster than the 475/1.32 I had before but holds a little more heat initially.
The 62/65/13 would be better than the 62/71/14 on top of the 475 on a street or stick truck.

My truck is an auto if it makes a difference. i already have a 62/71/14. I just didnt know if it would be worth spending the money to buy the 65/13ss if I already had this one.

If you spend much time stop & go or towing then you'll want the smaller wheel/housing but if you spend more time at the track you'll want the one you have. When you are driving the truck, how is the spool now? it will be slightly slower when you add the second turbo and cruising EGTs will rise, however peak EGTs will be lower.

If you spend much time stop & go or towing then you'll want the smaller wheel/housing but if you spend more time at the track you'll want the one you have. When you are driving the truck, how is the spool now? it will be slightly slower when you add the second turbo and cruising EGTs will rise, however peak EGTs will be lower.

Im gonna stick with this combo and see how it works. I hardly ever tow and most of the time only drive my truck on the weekends.

with the 62/71/14 it may spool slightly slower than a 65/13 would...but I think with a s475 - 1.32 you should be fine.

I have the S480 under a 62/71/14 and its slower (not as lightning quick - like my hx40/s475 was)

...but they're fun, especially when the boost comes on...:evil

with the 62/71/14 it may spool slightly slower than a 65/13 would...but I think with a s475 - 1.32 you should be fine.

I have the S480 under a 62/71/14 and its slower (not as lightning quick - like my hx40/s475 was)

...but they're fun, especially when the boost comes on...:evil

My s475 has the 1.10 t6 housing.

Back