Thoughts please

Acorn 616

This year I went to a NMCA event at Commerce and raced in the True street class. It got me thinking about more ways to get exposure for diesels. I've been considering trying to make more of these events, and I wondered if more people would be interested in some of these events. There are more classes that we could run in, but I was a day late getting there. There were also a lot of vendors there like Nitto, Ross, Tremec, and others. I was also very surprised that a LOT of people there wanted to see a heavy truck could make rounds and still be fairly quick(for the weight).

Does anyone have any input?

My little black truck is gonna be turned into a drag truck for the time being until I can get the funds together to make it a shortbed and do the body work on it so I'm 100% with you Aron as long as it's in the budget for me!

If I was quicker I'd be all for it!! Oh and if it was in the budget. Lol

It's always good to put diesels in front of the gassers! :Cheer:

They really dig it when they see we can hot-lap a daily driver down the track all day whilst spanking most everything else that didn't show up on a trailer.

Much of the gasser crowd still doesn't understand the Diesel Advantage... even the Hot Rod staff at Indy were intrigued enough by what I told them when they stopped by our truck to get video & pix of the tailgate O-ring installation.

I've had more people ask about my truck at gasser events than diesel only races. A lot of the guys have diesels as tow rigs
CompD Mobile Device

Aron I should be good for 11.90ish by this upcoming spring! I'm not too far away...

Here's a link to the class I ran in
http://www.nmcadigital.com/rules/docs/2lf%202010%20True%20Street%20Final.pdf

Basically you go on a 30 mile ride, drive directly into the staging lanes, and can't open your hood, or make adjustments other than drain tire pressure. Tech was by far one of the most strict I've been through, but I had no problems. Like I said there were plenty of other classes, but I didn't make it.
Heck I even won this
4d90e02c.jpg

NMCA is awesome - it's the 1st class I built the GTO for.

Here ya go Huckleberry!

35896b22.jpg

ffdf22d3.jpg

b4dcad53.jpg

I thought it's pretty cool that a Dodge diesel got a mention here. I'm thinking about trying to make a couple more of these events this year. All those guy's are towing their hot rods and race cars with the same trucks we're racing, and barely have a clue of their potential.

That's awesome keep up the good.work. might have to see if.they have any around.my area

I don't get out much, but I thought a lot of the fast guys here did run with the more time tested events. Maybe I should get out more. LOL

Here ya go Huckleberry!

35896b22.jpg

ffdf22d3.jpg

b4dcad53.jpg

I thought it's pretty cool that a Dodge diesel got a mention here. I'm thinking about trying to make a couple more of these events this year. All those guy's are towing their hot rods and race cars with the same trucks we're racing, and barely have a clue of their potential.

LMAO @ the quote next to the picture !!!!

:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe: Excellent work!

Yeah I have been looking in to running the daily driver in some events around home. I just seem to keep missing them with work getting in the way.

Im all for it, especially if this shiot would finally hit it big in KS/MO! Itd be nice to go run some other fast a$$ diesels!

Back