Throttle freezing from cold weather?

stimo

cnc machinist/programmer
For some reason I'm having a issue with the throttle this winter. The nights it gets real cold and I get truck fired up to take off I cant push pedal down. When I bring it in a heated building for a while and get ready to leave its fine. Just wondering what I need to look for that is causing this. I've thought of just mashing the pedal down but just don't want to mess anything up which I'm very good at doing. Maybe something just needs greased up?

Actually what is happening is the linkage also runs to the transmission where it controls the pressure inside the tranny versus how much throttle you are giving the truck. In more than one occasion with me snow and ice has built up around that linkage cause it is in the perfect position where the front tire throws it directly on it. and when this happens it feels as though you cant push the pedal down. thats my guess cause it happens to me too.

There's also the throttle cable that runs between the pedal & the APPS. That could be sticking.

I don't think its ice and snow build up. I have not been driving the truck at all this last 2 weeks just in and out of shop. All snow and ice is thawed off truck. Just that when it sits outside for the day and I get in it at nite the throttle will be stuck if its cold enough out. Then when I bring it inside for a couple hours to work on it and go to pull it outside its not sticking anymore.

i had a buddy that this happens to everynow and again. when his truck does it the pedal is hard as a rock and his trans wont come out of 1st gear. he has to turn the truck off and restart and the pedal will be normal and the trans will shift.

i had a buddy that this happens to everynow and again. when his truck does it the pedal is hard as a rock and his trans wont come out of 1st gear. he has to turn the truck off and restart and the pedal will be normal and the trans will shift.

Now that sounds exactly right. I will have to try that tonite.

So I'm finally checking this out a little tonite but I'm still tinkering with it. It does seem to be the cable going to transmission is sticking. I'm guessing I must need a new one. I'm not sure what all the cable does exactly but if I was to unhook this cable what is it going to cause my truck to do?

Back