Throttle linkage direct to rack

Farmallgray

Does anyone run their throttle linkage direct to the rack bypassing the governor? This would be for pulling only. What are the pros and cons of doing this?

I have seen this done on a tractor once and it didnt work out the best it was just to hard to control. Theres so much fuel in a few mm of rack travel travel it would jst be hard to take it up with out overfueling and snuffing it out

I have seen this done on a tractor once and it didnt work out the best it was just to hard to control. Theres so much fuel in a few mm of rack travel travel it would jst be hard to take it up with out overfueling and snuffing it out

x2 even on a 12mm.

I know someone that had a pump setup this way. The gov housing was still intact but internally it had a solid link between the rack and the throttle lever. He had to constantly keep after it for the engine to idle. If left unattended the rpm would either drop and the motor would die or it would run unlimited rpm. Not a good idea.

I know a guy that did this at the same time he put his Crower back together wrong. When the clutch unlocked the bottom end pretty much evaporated.

Back