Throttle Spring

relay93

What kind symtoms would there be with a weak throttle return spring? Where would you purchase a replacement?

Thanks

i just broke mine and my throttle will hang wide open plus the when you hit a bump and the throttles just right it starts jerking the truck back in forth because it dont have the spring pressure to hold the throttle still. dodge has them one side is like 22$ and the other is like 45$ why the price diif... idk.

i just broke mine and my throttle will hang wide open plus the when you hit a bump and the throttles just right it starts jerking the truck back in forth because it dont have the spring pressure to hold the throttle still. dodge has them one side is like 22$ and the other is like 45$ why the price diif... idk.

Do you have pictures of the two springs? I know where one of the springs go but where does the second spring go?

both are down by the throttle linkage. both are right by each other. i just fixed my today with the springs they sell at advance for carb motors.

I just swapped pumps on my truck. Went from a 215 to a 180. The 215 had 1 return spring while the 180 has 2. maybe different pumps have different springs.

My 215 uses two also. I disconnect one unless I am towing. More fun to drive with one.

The bucking or jerking really shows up while pulling a trailer and usually happens while shifting from 2nd to 3rd or 3rd to 4th

lol yes def while towing a trailer! had 25k pounds behind my truck this weekend for 900 miles and it was horrible!

lol yes def while towing a trailer! had 25k pounds behind my truck this weekend for 900 miles and it was horrible!

Yea. The first time mine did was pulling the 5th wheel trailer home from a camping trip. Then it was pulling the stock trailer full of cattle. I thinks the cattle enjoyed the dancing. Now I can feel it while empty. So far I have been able to drive around it.

Back