Thunder In Muncie Returns, June 6-7

Amish Elegance

Schadenfreude
This thread was started to condense discussion taking place in unrelated threads. Use it up for TIM discussion.

Event Details: From DHRA's website.

Saturday June 6-Gaston Lion's Club Fairgrounds

Sunday June 7-Muncie Dragway

The old-school diesel event seems to have returned!

Who's goin'?

in the past the trucks really were not split up in even classes like they should. rules seemed to be bent in favor of certain people. if they want to get more people i think they still should tech the trucks better. i meen work stocks should be just that, not super stocks with someones side business name on the side.

trust me work stocks and street trucks DO NOT haze at an idle or sound like 747's when they spool

Yep, I'm pretty excited, this is where the Diesel movement really took off from.
It will be nice to get back to the roots, and not have to work it!!

in the past the trucks really were not split up in even classes like they should.

trust me work stocks and street trucks DO NOT haze at an idle or sound like 747's when they spool

One man says there are too many rules than another wants more.
The early Thunder in Muncie (2001,2002,2003)had NO Work or street stock classes.They did have a rookie class.

They ran 4 classes. 7200 Pro and Mod, and 8000 Pro and Mod.

Pro was single turbo, Mod was...more.

Pretty simple, and the one year there was close to 150 hooks, Pulling qualification started at 9:00 am, finals were in the evening.

I dont know how many more you want!!!

Things have changed in the sport, but one things for sure, there will be a ton of trucks there, and one heluva a party, that the community backs.

Sleddy,
I have missed TIM since it left and am glad to see it back. I'm coming and I'm trying to get Keating to bring his new rail. You will be glad to know that my engine is properly valved now. I remember your sled pulling legend grow in Muncie, I also remember the Cummins Racing rail run their record pass at the dragstrip there. Thunder in Muncie was about the fun of diesel motorsports. I'm ready for more.
:cheer:
Meacham

Sleddy,
I have missed TIM since it left and am glad to see it back. I'm coming and I'm trying to get Keating to bring his new rail. You will be glad to know that my engine is properly valved now.

***********I remember your sled pulling legend grow in Muncie, ************:rockwoot::bow:

I also remember the Cummins Racing rail run their record pass at the dragstrip there. Thunder in Muncie was about the fun of diesel motorsports. I'm ready for more.
:cheer:
Meacham

I liked hearing that whole post so much I copied it!!!

I will stay til Sunday to watch you Run, Meacham, I was going to bug early, but not now!!!

Meacham,
Back to 12 valves?

They just re-did the drag strip last year, its nice.

Meacham,
Back to 12 valves?

They just re-did the drag strip last year, its nice.

It never was 12 valve but it is now. I had to get the injectors outside of the valve cover. Too much fuel in the crankcase sucks!

Meacham

Last edited:
House informed me tonight that June 5th is "FAST AND THE FURIOUS NIGHT!" at the Muncie dragstrip. Couldn't have been scheduled at a better time!!! LOL

Back