Tie rod

To do a 05-07 tie rod you'd also have to do the 05-07 drag link......and I don't think it will work with leaf springs in the front.

Only 99-04 trucks that I've seen with straight tie rods have had crossover steering.

I have crossover steering, a relocated trac bar and a straight tie rod:

29407.jpg

Yeah thats what I just put on is the crossover kit with the relocated track bar but I still have the 01 tie rod. I was thinking that the rod ends on the 05 style would be the same. What x over kit did you do?

Dynatrac Super Duty Combo....upgrades the axle/bearings and all the steering.

The problem with the 05+ tie rod is also how it connects to the passenger side knuckle....I'll upload a pic in a few

Just took a pic of my 07:

35435.jpg

Not exactly a standard end on the tie rod.

Call Jesse at Farmboy Fabrications (239-337-5438) and have him build you a setup like mine.

Resized7.jpg

Scott,

Did you guys use a tapered stud adapter or did you drill the knuckle out?

Call Jesse at Farmboy Fabrications (239-337-5438) and have him build you a setup like mine.

Resized7.jpg

First off, your truck looks SICK! Ive been talking to farm boy and Im gunna order one from him. On your pitman arm did you use the stock one? If so how long is it?

Dan - My knuckles are drilled out to 3/4".

Thanks SKWERL - If you decide not to run stabilizers up top like mine, you can put the tie-rod above the knuckles and it looks good that way. I had to put mine below so I had room for the stabilizers.

Here's a link to an FTW gallery I had some pics of the setup in;
http://fordtruckworld.tenmagazines.com/ew/mygallery.asp?id=20634&album=57706

If you've got the DR crossover setup like mine, Jesse can make you one out of T-6061 aluminum to match the DR trackbar & draglink. They aren't cheap though.

I'm running the drop pitman arm that came with the crossover setup. It's the same one that comes with their 8" kit without crossover. I think its about a 4" drop or so, without measuring it.

Im calling Jesse on friday and ordering one. Where did you get the steering stabilizers and the mounting tabs on the knuckle?

The tires are called pitbulls if you want a price I could get you a good one and I could ship them to your door.

SKWERL -

What size Pitbulls are you running? I only have about 2K on my Rockers and they seem good so far. Mine came from Jesse too.

The stabilizers are two of my old front shocks from my 8" DR kit, 14" travel I believe. I made the tabs that fit on the knuckle and Jesse took care of the center mount. I think he can make you the outer tabs too, but mine were just made by holding steel where we wanted it and tacking it into place, then making adjustments so everything sits level. Call Jesse up and he will take care of everything for you.

I think he was talking about your tires from the pic. Im running some Kumho muds and I love them. I have a friend who works for DiscountTire here in washington and he can make some sweet deals on whatever tire and wheel you want.

Back