Time for turbo's to be upgraded.

Edit looks like a 64/71/13 now for the topper. Should spool better but now wondering about drive pressures.

tossin a vote in for the race covered version of the s480, and the 64 71 13

Gonna slap on a ED gate plate with this setup and block it off for now. If a gate is needed will add it. HTT is saying the drive pressures should be good with there big internal gate. Hopefully they remembered that I am gonna add 5x16 or 5x18 sticks. I plan on running much less nitrous if any until I get a good feel of what this combo will do.

Speaking of drive pressures...... When someone says they run 1 to 1 with a setup, at what pressures do you get the actual measurement? Peak boost?

Gonna slap on a ED gate plate with this setup and block it off for now. If a gate is needed will add it. HTT is saying the drive pressures should be good with there big internal gate. Hopefully they remembered that I am gonna add 5x16 or 5x18 sticks. I plan on running much less nitrous if any until I get a good feel of what this combo will do.

Speaking of drive pressures...... When someone says they run 1 to 1 with a setup, at what pressures do you get the actual measurement? Peak boost?

Ya, not a referance between the two chargers but betweeen manifold pressure and exh. pressure. Finding thier max pressure 1:1 will be the most efficent place to operate them. Balancing the two chargers is a whole nother deal

Ya, not a referance between the two chargers but betweeen manifold pressure and exh. pressure. Finding thier max pressure 1:1 will be the most efficent place to operate them. Balancing the two chargers is a whole nother deal

Understood that the two chargers have to be tuned separately. Just was not sure at what pressures the 1 to 1 should be measured at. Half throttle WOT ect.

generally referring to peak boost...

with the ED gate plate, you'll have everything you need IMO :cool:

Forest: 1:1 is merely a reference on how they should run fuel only. the setup sounds very similar to mine, minus the nitrous..

Vmax: The boost/dp on mine stay 5-8 psi difference all the way up to peak boost. good luck with those chargers running on nitrous...mine sound weird at that high of boost/dp, made me not want to spray it. I'd use the external gate if you're spraying.

Understood that the two chargers have to be tuned separately. Just was not sure at what pressures the 1 to 1 should be measured at. Half throttle WOT ect.

Ya at full tilt, wide open. Having a data logger makes things so much easier. Example: You make a pass, boost is 80 and drive is 105.... adj. or balance your gates to get the total boost down. Next pass, boost or 'total manifold pressure' is 67lbs and drive is 69lbs.... you've found it or close enough; go race. My 71mm single was 1:1 at ~62# and did such a good job, made good cool air and was fast and dependable. I could gate it tight and run it at 80#+ and drive was 100#+++ and it would eat turbine wheels also inlet temps were way up, no since in running a compressor out of its map, they run better and longer operated in thier sweet spots.

Last edited:
Would anyone know off hand if my new setup 64/71/13 over S480 with race covers would weigh more or less than my old HX40 over 3B? My 3B has been fine hung off the 40 just hoping the new ones might do the same. Trying to preplan either hanging the primary off the secondary or making a bracket to hold the secondary on the motor's side. Or even better if someone actually sells different size brackets for just this purpose. Thanks

Would anyone know off hand if my new setup 64/71/13 over S480 with race covers would weigh more or less than my old HX40 over 3B? My 3B has been fine hung off the 40 just hoping the new ones might do the same. Trying to preplan either hanging the primary off the secondary or making a bracket to hold the secondary on the motor's side. Or even better if someone actually sells different size brackets for just this purpose. Thanks

make a bracket, or go to Source Automotive get theirs with an oil drain...I wouldn't hang any turbo off a hotpipe...

12V S400 Turbo Mount to Engine

Curious as to why? My current setup is approaching a decade as it is. I am sure it puts extra stress on the manifold but no issues yet.

2010-12-22160631.jpg

Back