time question?

What kind of times do yall think I could see out of my setup? Also what should I air my tires down to? Im more of a noob at racing so I dont know a whole lot. I have raced a few times but been almost pointless without traction bars. So just wondering what kind of times yall think I could see?

Kevin

Traction bars really arent needed for racing. It seems like a lot of people dont run them.

I take it your truck is auto? It isnt in your signature, but id guess low 13's if its an auto. Of course it depends on what kind of 60' times you can cut.

Lower your tires pressures to about 30 psi. I am fairly certain his truck is a 5spd so mid 14s could be possible with the right launch and if the clutch holds.

Traction bars really arent needed for racing. It seems like a lot of people dont run them.

I take it your truck is auto? It isnt in your signature, but id guess low 13's if its an auto. Of course it depends on what kind of 60' times you can cut.

Totally disagree.... $360.00 set of caltracs will take .3 - .6 off your 60's

With my setup I was 2.2 - 2.4 60' put the caltracs on and I cut 1.8 60s all day long. I have even seen a few high 1.7s

Ok sorry my truck is a 6spd.

I have cal-tracs waiting to be put on but dont have ap lace to do it right now.

Totally disagree.... $360.00 set of caltracs will take .3 - .6 off your 60's

With my setup I was 2.2 - 2.4 60' put the caltracs on and I cut 1.8 60s all day long. I have even seen a few high 1.7s

I dont really consider caltracs, "traction bars". I know its better to have bars than not to, thats why I have them on mine, but I still see a lot of drag trucks without them. Do you have a 2wd or 4wd?

BearBeatsAll: My cousin had a 24 valve with an Edge drag comp, smarty, big single disc, 150hp injectors, and a SPS62. It was a 6 speed ext cab longbed with 4wd. He ran a 14.4 in it, and he was launching hard in 2nd gear, so assuming you can launch as good as he was, then you should be right around the 14.5 mark.

I actually gain several tenth's by removing my trac bars. I ran nothing but, low 12's and without the bars I went into the 11's. My 60ft was 1.69 and with them 1.8 was the best I had seen so I wouldn't rely on them to get your best times.

Back