Time to redo transmission lines

ChrisNickerson

SingleCab 24V
So this will be my third time doing tranny lines and want it to be the last. I am wondering what you guys have done. Right now i no longer have my tranny aux cooler so i just have the two lines running from tranny, straight along side my oils pan, to cooler on the radiator. I want to do them nice clean and trust worthy. What have you guys done? Was it expensive? Lasting long? sorry for so many question just sick of hacked tranny lines(which is my fault) I did search and couldn't find anything on it. Any input would really help.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

Hydraulic lines.

Will hold the pressure fine, but are heavy and tougher to route.

If you can find them, I went with A/C lines. We build them here at the store as well, and they're good for a working pressure of 500psi. After 2 years I never saw any degradation from the oil, either. I just crimped regular hydraulic fittings on the A/C lines;)

Easier to route due to no steel braiding, and lighter if you're worried about it.

Chris

Will hold the pressure fine, but are heavy and tougher to route.

If you can find them, I went with A/C lines. We build them here at the store as well, and they're good for a working pressure of 500psi. After 2 years I never saw any degradation from the oil, either. I just crimped regular hydraulic fittings on the A/C lines;)

Easier to route due to no steel braiding, and lighter if you're worried about it.

Chris

True, however premade hydraulic lines are cheap and you can get some 90 and 45 fittings(add to the price) and have a decent setup.

I would think if you wanted to bend some stuff up like you said it would work great!

the best place is find a shop that sells snow plows ,, they will have the high pressure fittings and line

I just put new transmission oil lines on my truck this summer. I used hydraulic lines and it has worked great. I got them custom made so they were just the right lenght with the right bends. It was to simple to put back together. Took me probably 15 minutes.

My father knows a guy that owns a road side repair service. He made mine.
But I know my local NAPA makes hydraulic lines and I am sure any tractor trailer repair shop can make them.

Back