Time to throw out the s467.7 turbo choices?

Mega, I can see most of the pistons but WTF is up with 1&2!? They ate up AF on the north end! You slapped a head on those!?

Mega, I can see most of the pistons but WTF is up with 1&2!? They ate up AF on the north end! You slapped a head on those!?

I hadn't wiped out all the brake clean from the cylinders yet when I took that pic. Agreed though the bubbled residue looks like knawed metal in pic.

i feel the same way about people cooking turbos. its all about how you drive IMO. keep good oil going thru it, dont keep the EGT's strung out for over 30 seconds (or whatever) and respect warm up and cool down times. i never kill my truck before i see 400* . ive had 4 turbos on my truck and never harmed any of them. maybe im just lucky

i feel the same way about people cooking turbos. its all about how you drive IMO. keep good oil going thru it, dont keep the EGT's strung out for over 30 seconds (or whatever) and respect warm up and cool down times. i never kill my truck before i see 400* . ive had 4 turbos on my truck and never harmed any of them. maybe im just lucky

My neighbor has a Ford 6.7 and is the king of ignoring turbo cool down and warm up.....

Then again, he is also the only person I've ever seen accelerate out of a drive way nose down toward the street.

kinda like the guys at work that shut the 13k zero turns off at WOT .... makes ya wanna punch them in the face..

on side note im looking to update my s468/83 .9 t4 to maybe a 472/87 1.0 t4 think its worth it ? spool up is a little too harsh on trans right now lol

if thats the only problem why not just tune it down a little?

well i like to party.... i could turn it down but i really dont want too. If i could cut some bottom end and have a slower spool up it would be fine for me, i dont do 4wd launches or digs.

Late getting to the party, but for what it's worth I'm running an stainless diesel 5 blade s467 1.0 housing. Trucks a 06 with dual fuelers, 100% over exergy's. Stock long block and I've run 7.2 @96mph. With my weight it's in the 850-950hp range. I'd say spool up is very well. Coming from a 66/475 compund setup I honestly will say it's not far off of that setup on spooling. Gordon tunes my truck, I know that plays a large role in the drivability.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I'm liking how this thread has gotten back on track. For awhile it was the old my balls are bigger than your balls thing that just shows the wanters and strugglers for what they are. Remember back when this forum got started and old Billy just wanted help to stop smoking out his cattle in the livestock trailer? Now basically any thread that could be used for helping others and learning as a whole turns into little man syndrome and people that are marketing bs. I for one love the old 467 but am now putting on a 369 and it will perform without giving a rip about anyone on a forum that has self confidence issues.

I'm liking how this thread has gotten back on track. For awhile it was the old my balls are bigger than your balls thing that just shows the wanters and strugglers for what they are. Remember back when this forum got started and old Billy just wanted help to stop smoking out his cattle in the livestock trailer? Now basically any thread that could be used for helping others and learning as a whole turns into little man syndrome and people that are marketing bs. I for one love the old 467 but am now putting on a 369 and it will perform without giving a rip about anyone on a forum that has self confidence issues.

Lmao!

Your cute and cuddly when feisty! Kinda like a Pomeranian! And who the phuck is Billly? Are we talking about William Jefferson Clinton and his heifer pokin?

Being this thread started back in December 2017, you joined in April 2018..... you be stirring like a 3 legged dog chasing it's tail! Ya feel me home slice?!

Lmao!

Your cute and cuddly when feisty! Kinda like a Pomeranian! And who the phuck is Billly? Are we talking about William Jefferson Clinton and his heifer pokin?

Being this thread started back in December 2017, you joined in April 2018..... you be stirring like a 3 legged dog chasing it's tail! Ya feel me home slice?!

You do realize that you're the asshole he's talking about who pulls damn near every thread off track right?

You do realize that you're the asshole he's talking about who pulls damn near every thread off track right?

You realize I could give 1.5 $hits! I'm just doing my part to keep the site SEO fresh!

Nor was anything off track..... all "roughly" inline.

anyways, my transfer case is rebuilt and my new Carli leafs are installed. i cant get a call back from goerend for the life of me to choose a new converter, until i make a choice the 3rd gen sits and i have the 2nd gen at work.

anyways, my transfer case is rebuilt and my new Carli leafs are installed. i cant get a call back from goerend for the life of me to choose a new converter, until i make a choice the 3rd gen sits and i have the 2nd gen at work.

Phil at DPC answers his phone. Just FYI.

i have a call into phil right now. left a VM

i hate to stray from dave because i must have went thru 4 different trans builds until i went with his HP VB and converter and all of my reliability problems went away.

ill let yall know what he recommends

Back