TIPM issues

Johnny1

What exactly is controlled by the tipm?

The fuel pump?

grid heater?

IF i am throwing any low circuit codes could it be the tipm??

Can the tipm be reflashed?

Tipm

Totally integrated power module

It controls everything, it's a fancy name for fuse box.

It possibly could be the tipm. Could be other things as well. I would check the harness going to those low volt circuits first for damage and broken harness did all of these happen at the same time or did it progressively get more and more codes? U can pull that tipm and check the connections on the bottom I've seen them get all nasty and corroded before. Those things last time I checked weren't cheap.

its the damn tipm, i used another one and it still didnt work so i WAY confused.

Is there a pattern when it's doing it? Is it on the control side or the load side? If u put a multi meter on it and monitor it I'd try to figure out why you have low voltage lights are they really low voltage? If so back track to where the 12v starts.

Go to rambodybuilder and you can get the drawings for your truck.

I believe the fuel pump supply power comes directly from the ECM. I don't think it goes through the IPM or TIPM.

Just follow the wire back if low or no voltage at the pump.
Have someone bump the starter with the key and it should run for about 20 seconds. It won't run continuous by design.

Last edited:
Go to rambodybuilder and you can get the drawings for your truck.

I believe the fuel pump supply power comes directly from the ECM. I don't think it goes through the IPM or TIPM.

Just follow the wire back if low or no voltage at the pump.
Have someone bump the starter with the key and it should run for about 20 seconds. It won't run continuous by design.

Correct. the fuel pump will only run the 1st time you turn the key on then it may not run for several key turns unless you bump the starter

So is that your intermittent fuel pump problem your talking about?

What exactly is controlled by the tipm?

The fuel pump?

grid heater?

IF i am throwing any low circuit codes could it be the tipm??

Can the tipm be re flashed?

it can be re flashed but it is rarely successful.

what low circuit codes are we talking about? injector codes wont be TIPM

fuel pump yes.

ive been thru 3 TIPM's. POS':bang

Back