Tips on deleting a 2012 Dodge

sledshaker

Just thought I would share what I ran into when deleting a 2012 dodge. For starters it got a H&S programmer and a 5" exhaust with muffler from them also.

1 Download tune first to make sure it works properly.

2 You have to drop the tranny cross member to get the down pipe out

3 If you have a B&W hitch go with a 4" exhaust, my 5" hits one of the rails and I can't move it any other way. May have to take a hammer to it.:hehe:

4 If you can get by without pulling off the lower back hose from the cooler, leave it on. Wasted a lot of coolant when we pulled it off.

5 Be careful on some of the nuts and studs, stainless on stainless can equal gaulded threads and a trip to the local hardware store.

6 Getting that last piece of tail pipe slid on and connected to the rubber hanger can be a real PITA. I took down my spare tire and removed the heat shield for more room, worked great.

Some of this info was given to me by fellow comp D members before I started. The rest I learned as I went. Thanks to all that gave some good advice. Hope this can help someone else in the future.

you bought the wrong 5" system if it won't clear your hitch :(

if the last piece of tailpipe was a PITA, it sounds like you bought a junk Flo-Pro system

I have the flo pro also, who makes a good 5" kit for these 4th gens?

...I spent half an hour on a creeper the other night getting the last hanger 'back' on (alone) as it fell out. This time a drilled a hole through the end of the hanger rod and put a pin through it after finally getting it back in - ain't comin off now!

Flo pro Just came out with a new tail pipe design. Has a bolt on hanger now. Tons better than before. PN 619 I belive.

I know the 5 inch flo pro rattles against the spare tire heat shield. Maybe the new ones are better.

My Arc Reactor runs on No. 2

We just ordered it from H&S, didn't know there was a difference or a choice on systems from them.

I know the 5 inch flo pro rattles against the spare tire heat shield. Maybe the new ones are better.

My Arc Reactor runs on No. 2

I always just remove the heat shields on the 4th gens. The 3rd gens did just fine without them, and now that you're not going to be in re-gen anymore, it's an absolute non-issue

I have the flo pro also, who makes a good 5" kit for these 4th gens?

...I spent half an hour on a creeper the other night getting the last hanger 'back' on (alone) as it fell out. This time a drilled a hole through the end of the hanger rod and put a pin through it after finally getting it back in - ain't comin off now!

Diamond Eye system that's labeled for 04.5-07 5.9. It comes with an extra piece of pipe and will fit any/all cab/bed configurations including 4th gens and even mega cab long conversions 3rd and 4th gen!

It's a hidden gem IMO. All hangers are bolt-on/adjustable. Takes me 1.5hrs from start to cleaned up/tools put away/ready to roll

Flo pro Just came out with a new tail pipe design. Has a bolt on hanger now. Tons better than before. PN 619 I belive.

I can almost guarantee you that my scathing emails to one of their design engineers was the reason for that. Have they come out with the machined downpipe flange yet?

Wonder why H&S would sell such a great tuner, and re-box a mediocre exhaust to sell? Wish I knew that to begin with.

Wonder why H&S would sell such a great tuner, and re-box a mediocre exhaust to sell? Wish I knew that to begin with.

I can't speak for them, but as with most things, it's a dollars & sense thing :eek:

Flo-Pro is cheap and "good enough" to get the job done. I don't think they really care to deal with selling exhaust, personally, but they will if the profit margin is good enough to deal w/ the hassle

No machined turbo flanges. Stamped design. And the newest styles fit pretty good. Most are coming full band clamps.

I'm glad to see they're upping the quality. I went point by point on a lot of their issues with one of the design engineers. He offered to send me a free system at the time and I told him it would be a waste of time/resources as it would be going straight to scrap

Here's the new end section and hanger forest!

410410e7.jpg

And I always use 04.5-07 systems for any 04.5-12 cummins. I second The Diamond eye. Pretty good set up they have going.

I totally agree with the diamond eye exhaust systems, they are really nice!

Ill definitely be bring up this thread when I delete my boss' 2010 6.7

Thanks for the info and the other thread that you started OP.

Here's the new end section and hanger forest!

410410e7.jpg

And I always use 04.5-07 systems for any 04.5-12 cummins. I second The Diamond eye. Pretty good set up they have going.

good to see they're giving some actual adjustability now, but I still prefer the Diamond Eye setup where you can slide the hanger forward or back on the pipe so that you can point the exit up/down/forward/back to your taste

but that is a MUCH better setup than the previous setup!

Diamond Eye system that's labeled for 04.5-07 5.9. It comes with an extra piece of pipe and will fit any/all cab/bed configurations including 4th gens and even mega cab long conversions 3rd and 4th gen!

It's a hidden gem IMO. All hangers are bolt-on/adjustable. Takes me 1.5hrs from start to cleaned up/tools put away/ready to roll
Nice bit of info Forrest, thanks! I will have to store it away, in case I ever have/mess around with a 4th gen Dodge.

I can almost guarantee you that my scathing emails to one of their design engineers was the reason for that.

I'm glad to see they're upping the quality. I went point by point on a lot of their issues with one of the design engineers. He offered to send me a free system at the time and I told him it would be a waste of time/resources as it would be going straight to scrap

That is awesome:clap:! Nice work Forrest!

Has anyone noticed the tranny shifting different after the H&S download? On the 2012 it seems to lug more, and when it shifts from 5th to 6th it seems to rev up a little. Any body else notice that?

This might be the dumbest question for you guys but Ive only messed with efi live... My boss' truck has an edge on it now, do you just unhook it and then hook up the H&S and your good to go? Or is there a stock tune that your supposed to put back on the truck with the edge or whatever and then put the H&S on it?

Thanks for the help. And please excuse me for the dumb question. LOL

Austin

Yes. ^^^^ anytime you remove one programmer to install another. You return it to the 'stock' setting. If its the juice box (plUgs in to injector harnesses and other sensors) then no. No programming back to stick is needed, since it doesn't program.

Back