Tire and wheel question

ROSKOE115

SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
Alright tire gods, help me out here. I have a set of slicks and wheels I got a good deal on but they are not right for my setup. I don't like the fact they stick out so much and they are a little small. The truck almost has a California boner look to it.

My question is, what is the tire that would be almost flush with the bedside? It doesn't have to be exactly flush but I would like to have it as close as possible. This is my DD and I am not wanting to chop everything out of this truck.

I am looking for a 31"ish tire I believe and it does not have to be a DOT tire. I have looked at M&H and Mickey Thompson but didn't find anything. I would like to use a rim that is close to stock offset I guess. The wheels on the truck are 3rd gen wheels. Any Ideas? Post Pictures if you have some. BTW I have searched...

Thanks in advance.

you're getting into the 31x10.5 range

there's a pic floating around somewhere with a 2wd sporting some 33x10.5's that are pretty tucked, can't remember the thread

PS - fwiw, I've considered splitting my stock chrome 16's, adding like +3" to the B.S. to keep some slicks tucked.

Last edited:
these are 33 10.5w's on 15x10's with 4.5 bs
451cae54.jpg

Well I had 33/10.5/16 tires before and They looked ok. Problem is they were all over the place at the top end of the track. Maybe I should look into some newer ones. I'll post picks of what I have now. They may very possibly be for sale soon. What is the width of those wheels cliff?

Last edited:
they are 15x10's if you don't like how loose they are up top don't get a bias ply get a radial. all bias ply will fell like you are floating at the big end LOL

Feels like herding a bass boat in a no wake zone. Hold the wheel in one spot but it goes side to side.

those tires look like 29's...what are the front, 265/70-17's?

They were pretty much brand new Goodyear Wranglers for $300. Couldn't pass that up.

Good luck Heath, I'm getting wheels and slicks in the next few months. It's hard to find 16x10 wheels that don't stick out.

if you are all over on top end with slicks they need more air psi. wider rims on the same size tire also helps. on a drag car I wouldn't put 33/10.5s on anything less than a 12" rim

slicks3.jpg

slicks4.jpg

I know they stick out, and that's not what you want, but these never walked on the top end for me......maybe you trap alot higher??

M&H 33x10.5x16

Last edited:
16x10 IIRC, and tubes, which do help a ton! They are loaners from a racing buddy. Also, ill have to double check if they are 10.5 or 12.5 wide.

Back