Tire pressure

TTR 21

Human Spear
What is everyone setting tire pressure at in their 2wd with slicks? I'm running 33x11.5x16w mickey thompson et drags with 16x10 wheels. What whould you reccomend for pressure?

sent from your moms phone!

I have the pressure set at 12 psi right now. I know you guys know what your tire pressure is.

It's probably too secret.
How is traction at 12?

Not a clue just picked up the tires today haha. I'm taking it out tomorrow night for the first time to get used to it and see how it does before the big races on Saturday up here in Spokane

I'd start with 12. Then lower if needed. To me it always seems that the less air I have, the more squirelly it gets on the big end.

Take a paint marker and draw a line across the entire tread. Launch the truck like you normally would at the track and check how much of the paint mark is left and where. If its gone in the centerline and remains in shoulders.....drop your pressure 1/2 lb and try again with a new line. If its gone in the shoulders and not in the centerline, bump the pressure up 1/2 lb. This will get your pressure exactly where you want it on your vehicle to maximize the footprint and pressure distribution.

If you can get someone to take videos of the launch you can learn a lot from that too. If you see more than 3 wrinkles in the sidewall then you are probably too low on pressure.

I would start at 12psi and work from there. If you leave good try working your way up till it starts to effect your 60' then bring it back. Best stability on the big end with out sacrificing the launch.

Back