tire size w/ 4.10's

97Dodgeram

diesel head
hey all you drag racers out there, lets here your input on this topic. i'm ditching the 35's on my truck , and going smaller, what is a ideal tire size for racing on a dually with 4.10's and automatic. basically go off what it says in my sig

thanks, dean

hey all you drag racers out there, lets here your input on this topic. i'm ditching the 35's on my truck , and going smaller, what is a ideal tire size for racing on a dually with 4.10's and automatic. basically go off what it says in my sig

thanks, dean

Depends on how fast you're going and want to go in the near future. 31.6" diameter tires were too small for me when I was running 12.07 at 110.4 with my 4.10s and 47re. A 33" tire would be about optimal I think with my previous setup. In an ideal world you want to cross the traps around your hp peak which I believe is around 3200rpm in most typical effort street/strip 12v combinations. For all out less gear and small tire would be the way to go but a gear swap isn't cheap and far easier to just put on larger tires. Good luck! I miss drag racing but fear of $$$ keeps me in the mud and off the pavement lol.

thanks for your input. i'm looking at 265/75/16's which i think work out to around a 32 / 10.5 tire. i dont see my truck much faster then mid 12's in the near future. i think low 13's are more likely then 12's, at least til i can afford to get some more fuel and air

intercotire.com has a calculator on their site to show you ideal ratios to tire size

Back