Tonneau Cover with Stack Question

brooksgreen

I am wanting to put a soft tonneau cover on my bed and I have a 7" stack. I have looked at all the threads I could find throughout the forums as to how to do it. But unlike most of the pictures I have looked at, my stack clamp mounting bolts will get in the way of the front tonneau rail. I have tried to take a few pictures so I can get some input. Would it be easier to drill out two holes the size of the bolt/nuts sticking up and file around the frame so the front tonneau rail would slide down over the top of what I already have, or would it be better to just buy a different stack mount that would fit lower into the bed so I can just get rid of those bolts that stick up. I would appreciate any input.

Just cut the stack down to below the bed rail and leave the tailgate open to roll the coal out.

Simple solution - I sketched up an L bracket to move your mount lower than the top rail. Just bolt it from the bottom of the L and the Long end of the L to the rail facing the inside of the bed.

Stack_Mount_Lower_L.jpg

Now you can put the top Tonneau bracket flush with the top of the bed rail.

Simple solution - I sketched up an L bracket to move your mount lower than the top rail. Just bolt it from the bottom of the L and the Long end of the L to the rail facing the inside of the bed.

Stack_Mount_Lower_L.jpg

Now you can put the top Tonneau bracket flush with the top of the bed rail.

Not bad Blowby, but the bed rail for my truck curves the opposite direction, so the 1.5" overhang is closer to the cab, not in the bed. Thanks for the help though

I think that the mount is only a small part of your upcoming problems.... there is a lot of heat that comes from the stack, which would melt the cover......

As a side note my stacks mount to the inside of the box,, so if you took the mount you have and turn it 90 degrees it should work

Take an L bracket and attach it to the vertical portion of the bed.

You won't melt your cover. I've had mine like that for over a year with no issues and it was cut to be snug on the stack.

I've been running a cover with a stack and no issues. You dont have to over engineer the wheel... I just bent the bracket to match the profile of the bed. It was a little bit of a PITA to keep the wrench on the bolt but it worked out! It will take a little hand bending to get the right angle (with a 6" level) to be straight and true

I have a Craftec cover. I would have to remove the stack to remove the cover the way it should be but I dont need to.

2012-07-27_21-30-56_950.jpg

Ian

Back