Toolbox's?

cummin up short

I'm looking at getting a new toolbox and I can't find much on them. What does everyone have or what are some good toolboxes. I guess I should say i'm looking for a crossover. I was looking at the Delta Pro low profile box but i'm not sure if I want low pro or not. Let me know what you think.

i personally like the job box style boxes, the ones that fit inside the bed, only problem is you cant slide anything under them, but they hold a ton more stuff that one that hangs on the rails

i have a over the rails toolbox, looking to replace it with a job style as orangenv was saying.

My wife got my weatherguard at TSC and is is very high quality, a little more money but you get what you pay for and they rang it up wrong and instead of $429 she got it for $199

These are the only pics I have of it

IMAG0142.jpg

Last edited:
I was afraid to hear the low pro boxes would be weak due to their thickness over the bed rails. I guess i'll keep looking. I'll take a look at the weatherguard boxes.

I would avoid kobalt brand ive had a couple chest style boxes and they are junk. weatherguard, deezee and uws are good brands

X2 on the tractor supply boxes. They are made by deezee and hold up decently enough for a 200 truck box.

X3 on that one. I have had my TSCO low profile box now for 3 years and it's just as good as it was when I bought it. And it's hard to beat the quality you get for the $200 price tag.

I got a TSC low profile box (Made by Deezee). Was on my bud's truck for a year, and on mine for 3 years with no cracks. The only issue I've had is the key broke off in the lock, and the latches could be better.

I have a DeeZee low profile that I really like.

headacherack.jpg

I have it filled with chains, a full tool chest, a floor jack, and fluids. A TON of weight.

Never had a problem with it. I ripped off the bright red "DeeZee" label which exposed 3 little holes. I should probably cover them, but I don't get a ton of moisture in it, and everything that I worry may rust is inside another container in the tool box.

This is the only decent side picture I have uploaded on photobucket... lol.

IMG_1878JPG.jpg

I've had a few brands, but the current one I have is WeatherGuard and it is 12 years old and works as good as it did new.

Got a chest type sittin' in front of a diesel tank. Seperate items.

Stack6.jpg

Stack8.jpg

See sig

im on my second of those and they have been failsafe.. hard to beat a weatherguard as well tho...

my first one, which would probably still be good, went with the old 96 i had..

My father had had the same rk box in 6 trucks over a span of 15 years. Over a million miles on it lol. Same latches locks hinges and tray since the day he bought it. They are tough heavy duty boxes.

Back