torque converter acting funny

hey guys,for the past week or so Ive been noticing hard shifts into lockup and overdrive.Also sometimes it goes the other way,like you cant tell when it shifts into lockup or overdrive.Then I couldnt get it to fully go into overdrive at all,and the tranny would get warmer obviously.So I pulled over and replaced the jumper wire with the relay ,then it wouldnt even try to go into od,and the tranny cooled down to nothing on the guage-which is where it normally sits on the highway anyways.It was stuck in 3rd gear for 300 miles or so ,until I stopped for some food.I turned the truck off this time and came out and I had od back with the hard shifts.Also I had noticed this whole time and before I turned it off I could hear what sounded like a lockup solenoid clicking very loudly from time to time.It sounded like flicking a tin can.I have od back now but it shudders alot if I get into it even slightly.Im thinking I dont have enough line pressure or a solenoid is on the fritz.The only mods are a 0 plate and 4k kit.I bought the truck off a guy who said he put in an upgraded tc and I think he told me it was a bd.This was years ago before I knew anything at all.Any Ideas guys?

thats what Im leaning towards to ,I think.Not an easy fix is it,you still have to get into to the tranny right?Its too damn cold,I might have to drive the 24v now.If I need to remove the tranny ,the stock one wont be going back in.Thanks big blue

Piece of Cake just pull the pan and there it is,you will have to pull the valve body though.....

Sweet,Ive decided to get the govenor pressure solenoid and the transducer as well as a dtt race valve body.I figured I'll need the valve body sooner than later anyways ,so Im gonna do it right now.Dtt is only 2 hrs from my house so here i come

Back