Torque converter with a synchro lockup?

voorhen

Something I thought about, If the lockup assembly in a torque converter was a synchro assembly there would be no chance of slipping once locked... Im not sure if you could fit one in the converter but it seems it could be designed to work. food for thought.

Something I thought about, If the lockup assembly in a torque converter was a synchro assembly there would be no chance of slipping once locked... Im not sure if you could fit one in the converter but it seems it could be designed to work. food for thought.

Doesn't ATS have some sort of mechanical locking system on their high end converters?

The only converter that I know of that has a mechanical locking system is the Dunrite converters that Rip @ Source Auto sells.

You won't give it up will you?!

LOL jk man I think its a cool idea. Looks like some other guys have done it from reading these other posts. hmmm. screw it I say you buy my 3850 south bend and try to rig that bad boy up in there. :poke:

I have no slipping issues cuz I have no powers! so someone actually has an assembly thats locks more than just friction discs??!?

I have no slipping issues cuz I have no powers! so someone actually has an assembly thats locks more than just friction discs??!?

Change your sig cheesedik! Ain't nobody got a predator on there no more.

Can you elaborate on this or have any links to some info?

It has been a while since I have talked to Rip about it. IIRC he was telling me they have a mechanical provision inside that hold more pressure on the lock up clutch than just the hydraulic pressure. Shoot him an e mail or give him a call. I am sure he has a lot more info on it than I do and would prob be more than happy to explain it.

Back