Torque Management

Red Sleeper

I want to get rid of the stupid Torque Management, I can feel it kick down the power when I get on it hard with a trailer. Can anyone tell me which wire it is on the PCM? Just dont want to cut the wrong one.

Thanks in Advance.

I want to get rid of the stupid Torque Management, I can feel it kick down the power when I get on it hard with a trailer. Can anyone tell me which wire it is on the PCM? Just dont want to cut the wrong one.

Thanks in Advance.

I don't know anything about wiring diagrams on a dodge, or even if this is a "wire" in the first place. But, if you're trying to use full power with a trailer in tow, do you expect that driveline failure could be right around the corner if/when you defeat this function?

Well I turn the edge down to my tow setting anyways but when I wanna get off the line to beat the jerk thats been trying to pass me cause I have a trailer it will knock down the power. I know their is a wire cause two of my cousins with dodges did it but they have 1500's. Im pretty sure its the same concept on a diesel.

Well I turn the edge down to my tow setting anyways but when I wanna get off the line to beat the jerk thats been trying to pass me cause I have a trailer it will knock down the power. I know their is a wire cause two of my cousins with dodges did it but they have 1500's. Im pretty sure its the same concept on a diesel.

For some reason I doubt it. But maybe so. Best of luck.

i have heard of people trying to do that and cut the wire and it not work

And if you take that away and pulling a trailer your going to smoke the tranny in no time

The only torque management that is on the truck a bd rad box will get rid of but otherwise your screwed.

I see your converter is already slipping. The only thing saving it is torque management. And there is no wire that you can cut on these trucks to get rid of it. You can get a BD RAD box which will 100% eliminate it but you lose your gauges while it's on and it'll tear your transmission apart or you can get a smarty which eliminates 70%ish and adds a bunch of bottom end fueling which will tear your transmission apart. In the end, all your doing is tearing your transmission apart to save some sort of pride?

I see what yall are all sayin. Yes my converter slips, 204k on orig trans I expectit to slip. But I dont have that much as far as upgrades goes, and I know when to be smart with it and take it easy. Guess I'll have to wait till I build it then put the BD RAD box on it. I sure thought there was just a wire comin form the PCM that you could cut. Guess not.

I was at 496hp with a stock trans with over 100k on it and had only a stock DTT VB that didn't slip. It's all in how you drive it. But trust us, don't try and eliminate the tq mgmt. It's all that's saving you from a $4000 rebuild.

I was at 496hp with a stock trans with over 100k on it and had only a stock DTT VB that didn't slip. It's all in how you drive it. But trust us, don't try and eliminate the tq mgmt. It's all that's saving you from a $4000 rebuild.

Alright, guess its best I just leave it as is. And its gonna end up being $4300 just in parts for the kit im getting. Not gonna be able to aford labor.

Dang. Mine was $4200 installed and all that I was lacking was billet input/output.

I had a 1500 and there was a wire to cut. It was the orange w/ black tracer on the middle plug on the PCM. It can not be done on the Cummins. I have a RAD now and never touch it besides the last passes of the night or if I am going to do a rolling burnout.

I had a 1500 and there was a wire to cut. It was the orange w/ black tracer on the middle plug on the PCM. It can not be done on the Cummins. I have a RAD now and never touch it besides the last passes of the night or if I am going to do a rolling burnout.

See, I got the idea form my coousin who did it to his Dakota. SO there is one on the 1500's too?

Dang. Mine was $4200 installed and all that I was lacking was billet input/output.

No billet output but a lotta 48re parts are going in. Billet parts, everything to help it hold up to 1000lb/tq I hope. Im building a 4L60e in my camaro right now, working our the bugs but im doing pretty good for only being 19.

Back